Twitter: Jimmy Ring of Honor Update

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Agree 100%.

Btw, Jerry can’t blackball the guy who asked him that question. That was Mike Doocy, the long time Dallas sports reporter from Channel 4 in Dallas. Been there almost 30 years. Jerry can’t blackball him. Doocy is not someone that JJ could control at all.

I've never heard of him. But his face is almost as camera-friendly as Fish's.

conner01

Reaction score
This is where I call Jerry an idiot.
He is too evasive. And Jimmy deserves his own day, not in a group.

Jimmy deserves to be in next. I know there are other players that deserve to be. But, since it is an exclusive honor, putting a group in, takes away from the individuals IMO. Unless it was a group such as the triplets.
Jimmy should be in, period
Right now !
But he is right that there are several guys besides Jimmy deserving of being in the ROH
Jimmy should go in this year for sure and it’s petty of Jerry to be evasive about giving jimmy the credit he is due

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Imagine being in the hall of fame, but not in the ROH…ridiculous.
Well Tex was in the HOF a long time before he got in the ROH too but Jimmy's wait has been much longer. And Jerry's just dancing around the question. If someone goes in the ROH before Jimmy this is just going to simmer over the whole festivities. It isn't fair.

basel90

Reaction score
Jerry is not able to fathom jimmy's name being called and the whole stadium erupting in applause. We all know jerrry gets booed at AT&T stadium whenever he is mentioned. Jerry's plan is to lump jimmy with 10 other ROH inductees to drown out the attention to jimmy. Simple as that .
at the end of the day and deep inside it is clear jerry resents jimmy and the fact he is seen as the one to credit for the super bowl wins . the fact it has been 25 years since jerry has been trying to build a similar team. I honestly believe jerry still resents the fact jimmy wanted to leave and challenged jerry and his football acumen in public . Jerry knows the public has low regard of him and high regard of jimmy and this drives him crazy .
Jerry will only feel comfortable around jimmy when he wins a super bowl , which has proved to be very elusive given his weak football acumen. Heck. the bengals have figured it out how to get to the Super Bowl . Jerry's rich friend stan kroenke , who owns and runs 7 other major sports franchises besides the rams , ( Arsenal Soccer Team ) and the Nuggets of the NBA, Colorado Avalanche of the NHL, Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer, Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League, the Los Angeles Gladiators , has figured out how to win 2 NFL super bowls during that 25 year run and reached another super bowl few years ago. Stan hires and right GMs and coaches and delegates. Jerry wants to control and toy and get the publicity . The latter he got , but it has nothing to do with the team winning .

It is a painful time for jerry and this season may bring more pain if it is like last season or worse.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is where I call Jerry an idiot.
He is too evasive. And Jimmy deserves his own day, not in a group.

Jimmy deserves to be in next. I know there are other players that deserve to be. But, since it is an exclusive honor, putting a group in, takes away from the individuals IMO. Unless it was a group such as the triplets.

Agree completely! Let the man have HIS day and stop being petty!

Motorola

Reaction score
I could never imagine being such an egomaniac that’d I stand in the way of Jimmy’s rightful place in the ROH. Part of me wishes that once Jerry confirms when he is going in…that Jimmy would just tell Jerry “to stuff it.” He’s one of the worst owners in sport…
I recall Giants LB Harry Carson's frustration with being passed over many years for HOF enshrinement.
He even asked for his name to taken off the ballot in 2004...but was honored two years later.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The ring of honor is in a bit of a conundrum at the moment. Jimmy definitely belongs. I don’t see anyone else from the Jerry minus Jimmy era that does. This is mostly because of the long drought of playoff success. I guess for continuity there should be some players in the ring of honor from this era but then it kind of weakens the actual honor of being in the ring of honor. No offense to Ware, Witten, and for some Romo but with how the franchise has been, I’m not pining to preserve the memory.