JJ just isn't cutting it.

Reaction score
Let's face the facts, folks, running back Julius Jones just isn't the player we drafted. Think about it. Even though he was injured his rookie season, he came back, & toward the end of the season, had several games in a row of 150+ yards. Finally, we had our feature back. The next season, the poor guy just couldn't catch a break, and was dinged up most of the year. Although, he did have some great games, especially the one against the Panthers.

However, ever since those two seasons, he just hasn't been the same back. He runs into piles when he should take it wide, and he tries to take it wide when he should plow into the line for a couple of positive yards. It's only natural to compare our two top RBs when they are switching back and forth & spelling each other. During the Falcons game last year, it was painfully obvious that MBIII, or as Terrell Owens likes to call him, Marion the Barbarian, brought energy to the offense every time he came in. Even Deion Sanders, as commentary for NFL Network, kept bringing up how much better our offense was when Barber was in the game.

So, now what? I say play Jones even more. Say what? You heard what I said. After watching the Arkansas-Alabama game, all I know is that WE GOTTA GET MCFADDEN!!!! I don't get the chance to see many Arkansas games, and when I saw what everyone has been talking about, I knew he was the missing ingredient to making our offense the BEST in the NFL. With such a dominating force in our backfield, we would finally be where we were in the 90s--a super QB, a superstar WR, and the best RB.

What does JJ have to do with all of this, you ask? Simple. As I looked over my Trade Value Chart, I realized that unless the Browns lose the rest of their games, we are going to have to trade up to get McFadden. By running Jones more, especially at the end of games, where he can take advantage of tired defenses, we can shop him all season. Then, when the draft rolls around, we trade Jones & our top pick, (I'm thinking it will still be in the top 5), we can get the #1 pick without giving up our own 1st rd. pick. We may have to throw in another low pick or two, but it would be well worth it.

Man, with McFadden & Barber as our 1-2 punch, it will be almost impossible for teams to defend us. Then, with our other #1 pick, we can still get a quality CB to stiffen the secondary.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So you want to trade a player who's contract is up at the end of the season?

Genius i tell ya, Genius

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...

Julius is disappointing. We should draft McFadden.

A lot of new ground is being broken in this thread.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Who really cares if JJ is cutting it or not... JJ + MB3 = very, very good.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dargonking999;1657652 said:

Genius i tell ya, Genius

It is... if you can find someone dumb enough to make the trade.

I wouldn't mind seeing TT get some carries either.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Danny White;1657658 said:
Hmmmmm...

Julius is disappointing. We should draft McFadden.

A lot of new ground is being broken in this thread.

:lmao2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Whatever happens, whether Barber becomes the starter or Wade continues with that JJ/MB tandem, I just want TT getting the ball more from the backfield and not just runbacks.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Rack;1657678 said:
It is... if you can find someone dumb enough to make the trade.

I wouldn't mind seeing TT get some carries either.

Me either. So we can end the myth he's a good back. He sucks as a PR as well.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Seven;1657685 said:

I don't recall him EVER returning a punt in his professional career.

And I don't recall anyone EVER saying he was, is, or ever will be a "Good" back.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Rack;1657687 said:
I don't recall him EVER returning a punt in his professional career.

And I don't recall anyone EVER saying he was, is, or ever will be a "Good" back.

Semantics. Kick offs work for ya?

Look it up. You'll find plenty on Tyson being a good back.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Seven;1657697 said:
Semantics. Kick offs work for ya?

Look it up. You'll find plenty on Tyson being a good back.

No, I won't.

Reaction score
dargonking999;1657652 said:

Genius i tell ya, Genius

How many players have been traded during their contract year when they agree to the contract offered by the other team? There have been many.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Seven;1657685 said:
:laugh2:

where are you getting this from?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Cogan;1657704 said:
How many players have been traded during their contract year when they agree to the contract offered by the other team? There have been many.

Then, when the draft rolls around, we trade Jones & our top pick, (I'm thinking it will still be in the top 5),

He will be a FA March 1 2008.

the draft is April 27 2008(26?)

So how can we trade a player that does not have a contract with us?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for this thread, Cogan.
What's your take on Romo v. Henson?