JJ Watt: "I was literally trying to kill Tony Romo."

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Romo wasn't elite. And I'm glad JJ Watt is being honest. Everybody wants to hurt the other teams QB. It's just smart football. Until someone takes out Mahomes...

Motorola

Reaction score
If you look at BP late that season, he looked bad. Completely exhausted. That loss to Seattle really finished him, He was done.
There was nothing left.
Thanks for replying.
Obviously I didn't notice he physicality + demeanor at the time...he was 65 And 1/4 y.o.at that time.
Dealing with Jones for four years + putting up with TO that season..
done him in.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Au contriare about that 2007 season.
13-3 record____5-0 start; then after a first loss to that juggernaut Patriots team, reeled off 7 straight wins to be 12-1, then coasted to a 1-2 finish in the last half of December.
That was an omen Romo - and his Cowboys teammates - were not immature, but COCKY about themselves.
__lost to a 5-8 Eagles team - AT HOME.
__on the road, defeated a 6-8 Panthers squad by only a TD.
__mailed in the season finale at FedEx Field since they clinched the division the week before.
Then - the trip to Cabo.
Overconfident about their divisional round matchup v. Giants.
You know the rest of the story.
That’s what I meant….cockiness can come from immaturity. They should have beat that giants team. Romo also threw a good amount of picks that year, even though the offense was hummin. The Cabo trip——2014 Romo who was more mature would have been in that film room I feel. They definitely were a cocky squad…..they did lose to the SB champ, even if they beat the Giants don’t think they would have beat the Pats, they lit us up in the regular season.

1942willys

Reaction score
That’s what I meant….cockiness can come from immaturity. They should have beat that giants team. Romo also threw a good amount of picks that year, even though the offense was hummin. The Cabo trip——2014 Romo who was more mature would have been in that film room I feel. They definitely were a cocky squad…..they did lose to the SB champ, even if they beat the Giants don’t think they would have beat the Pats, they lit us up in the regular season.
Actually that game against the pats was close until the fourth; ;we were going toe to toe with them pretty good.
BUT that was when the team was really hummin as shown by the run we made right after that.
Though one must remember the Patriots later admitted they were mentally exhausted by the SB trying to do it undefeated

1942willys

Reaction score
Thanks for replying.
Obviously I didn't notice he physicality + demeanor at the time...he was 65 And 1/4 y.o.at that time.
Dealing with Jones for four years + putting up with TO that season..
done him in.
Jerry was picking away at BP's control of the roster and that had to be getting to him as well. I totally understand him walking away.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Au contriare about that 2007 season.
13-3 record____5-0 start; then after a first loss to that juggernaut Patriots team, reeled off 7 straight wins to be 12-1, then coasted to a 1-2 finish in the last half of December.
That was an omen Romo - and his Cowboys teammates - were not immature, but COCKY about themselves.
__lost to a 5-8 Eagles team - AT HOME.
__on the road, defeated a 6-8 Panthers squad by only a TD.
__mailed in the season finale at FedEx Field since they clinched the division the week before.
Then - the trip to Cabo.
Overconfident about their divisional round matchup v. Giants.
You know the rest of the story.
That is how I see it too, they thought they were so good they could just show up and play, and they would win.
It would not have happened had they had a better tougher HC.
That was a SB team, but they has a team and org blew that chance.

Same for 2014. JG just wasnt a good HC so they blew another even better chance.
2016 still had JG and didnt make good use of Romo at the end. another blown chance.
Last few years MM just wasnt good enough more blown chances. And overconfidence just show up and play again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If you look at BP late that season, he looked bad. Completely exhausted. That loss to Seattle really finished him, He was done.
There was nothing left.
I think he was tired, but he knew also it was a mistake to have the starting qb holding for kicks.
He said he didnt want to go through a whole season again just to get to playoffs which he liked, but he was just not into it anymore.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Add to the "QB win-loss stat" debate --
●"4th Quarter Comebacks"●
A football team trailing in a game's last quarter - whether by 3 points or 3 touchdowns - rallies to get the win.
That accomplishment is a TEAM EFFORT.
Yet - sports history and archives ALWAYS attribute that feat to ONLY THE QUARTERBACK - and no one else.
To my recollection, no other team sport attributes a come-from-behind, late-in-the-game win (or match---soccer, cricket, etc.) to a single player.
(Is there a record of Michael Jordan, Lebron James, or Steph Curry doing 4th quarter, last minute\seconds efforts in their teams' come-from-behind wins?)
A topic that's worth further discussion amongst us football fans.
yes it is a team effort for all wins and losses.
But sometimes a qb can win a game by playing great or ad libing on plays that are successful.
I think qb's that ad lib a lot are the better qb's.

Mahomes ad libs a lot and is usually successful, which makes him so good and helps his team win.
Romo ad libed a lot.
Dak has a little, but mostly he does the plays as they are called.
Rodgers ad libs with alot of success, like the play that beat dallas in 16?

So sometimes the qb can be instumental in a win, but still it is a team thing, but media always puts credit on single players.

Motorola

Reaction score
Good response - i respect your opinion.
Even though the score of that playoff game___ 21-17 -- is far lower than than the 48-32 postseason debacle two months ago - watching both of those games pointed out the arrogant mindset the Cowboys had --- being a division winner and a hosting a playoff game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I can’t stand JJ Watt. A virtue signaling clown. Guy is all about his “brand”.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Romo wasn't elite. And I'm glad JJ Watt is being honest. Everybody wants to hurt the other teams QB. It's just smart football. Until someone takes out Mahomes...
I yell at the tv "kill the guy" all the time. lol I don't mean actually kill him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I USED TO like watt, but after this I dont think I do anymore.
His career is over, good thing for the nfl's qb's.