JJ Watt: "I was literally trying to kill Tony Romo."

Motorola

Reaction score
What a trash bag.
Class act there Watt :facepalm:
Odd statement to make. I get wanting to make your presence felt with a good hit but to say you want to injury someone is Bill Romanowski level
I don't think JJ Watt understands the definition of "literally."
Most these guys would be all too happy to knock the qb out for the game. They just don't say the quiet part out loud.
Common MO for players way back in the day (60s and 70s NFL)
Deacon Jones
Dick Butkis
Jack Tatum
Conrad Dobler
Jack Lambert
Lawrence Taylor

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
This is not a slight against Romo at all, but Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Miles Austin....those guys were slow and ran bad routes?
Glenn, he played less than one season with Romo, after Bledsoe was benched. Austin was always injured and not sure how he got labeled as elite. Owens was obviously all world, but he needed to be used in motion, which was not don’t at all by Garrett, who was incompetent. They basically used him like a possession receiver outside the numbers.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A real QB? He never came up with plays like that when it mattered most in the playoffs and those two season ending elimination games. We missed the playoffs 4 straight seasons with him from 2010 to 2013. He was a terrific playmaker except in the big games.
I don't see how you can say he never came up with plays like that. We beat good teams with him. He also threw the Dez "incompletion", he didn't cause the Murray fumble, he didn't drop the Crayton pass, he didn't tell the OL to get dominated in the second half of the Giants game. He made plenty of big plays in big moments. He was too far let down by teammates or cheated by the refs. You take a few of those out & how many CCG's or even SB's do we reach?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
My comment was he never came up with plays like that in the playoffs. The Dez incompletion was a 50/50 jump ball that Dez came down with but didn’t complete the process of the catch under the rule at the time. Even had the play stood and we scored, Rodgers still had 4 minutes left to beat us. Romo should have gone for the first down and milked the clock. Romo was let down by his team but he also made his share of untimely mistakes. Crayton dropped a pass but that game ended with Romo throwing a pick in the endzone. Funny how some fans make excuses for him, blaming others but many of those same fans blame Dak for everything that goes wrong.
Your sorta overlooking that he made the plays though. Regardless of the endless debate about the rules we all know the pass was complete and so does the league. Crayton not dropping the pass changes everything after that though. True, stuff happens to all QB's but having watched him play he was all too often the only reason we won or were competitive. Sure, he had his moments where he made mistakes. But a lot of those were because he knew he had to take chances not just drive the bus.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Your sorta overlooking that he made the plays though. Regardless of the endless debate about the rules we all know the pass was complete and so does the league. Crayton not dropping the pass changes everything after that though. True, stuff happens to all QB's but having watched him play he was all too often the only reason we won or were competitive. Sure, he had his moments where he made mistakes. But a lot of those were because he knew he had to take chances not just drive the bus.
The pass wasn’t complete under the dumb rule at the time. The play was made by Dez winning a jump ball battle. Romo liked throwing balls up for grabs which got him into a lot of trouble but he got away with it with Dez. The bottom line is that neither Romo or Dak has had good enough teams or coaching to get over the hump. Both QBs have struggled in critical games where they had to shoulder too much of the load. If the running didn’t fail, it was the defense that failed or both.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Never realized Watt was such a piece of trash human
Some of these recently retired players are more savage than the hard nosed legends with what they say. The old school guys realized the physical part was just part of the game, these younger ones actually want to watch careers end.

Gronkowski was pretty much bragging about ending a players career a few months back.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're arguing with a dweeb who will whine like a child for pages despite losing an argument. It's pointless. Mute and move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go back and rewatch the Giants game. Crayton F'ed him on not just the cross that he dropped, the goal line fade that he stopped on. Woulda been a game winning td drive at the end and wouldve changed that run.
A game isn’t lost on one play especially when you played meh all game as a team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Naw you just like to stalk and harass that’s the quickest anyone has ever responded to me you have alerts on?
A game isn’t lost on one play especially when you played meh all game as a team.
A game can CERTAINLY be lost on one play. You never learned....make that ONE play and WIN the game? Jackie Smith. Case closed SIT!

And I see you are making good friends...such a nice lad, getting along with everyone. NOT looking for fights. :lmao:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A game can CERTAINLY be lost on one play. You never learned....make that ONE play and WIN the game? Jackie Smith. Case closed SIT!

And I see you are making good friends...such a nice lad, getting along with everyone. NOT looking for fights. :lmao:
No one is fighting other than you. We disagreed and moved on. You? Not so much lol, Other guy is just harassing me and stalking. Sounds familiar.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Common MO for players way back in the day (60s and 70s NFL)
Deacon Jones
Dick Butkis
Jack Tatum
Conrad Dobler
Jack Lambert
Lawrence Taylor
To knock out of the game and injure? Probably. To commit attempted murder? Nah.