JJ Watt: "I was literally trying to kill Tony Romo."

1942willys

Reaction score
A game can CERTAINLY be lost on one play. You never learned....make that ONE play and WIN the game? Jackie Smith. Case closed SIT!

And I see you are making good friends...such a nice lad, getting along with everyone. NOT looking for fights. :lmao:
"The Catch"
and right after that was the shirttail tackle of Drew Pearson that saved SF.
IN THAT NFC Championship Game there TWO examples of where ONE play changed everything
EITHER ONE OF THEM goes the other way and we win.

Toro9

Reaction score
I wish JJ had given a better breakdown of how got beaten athletically by Romo. That was possibly the best sack evasion (from a single pressure) I've ever seen. Houdini.

ghst187

Reaction score
Some of these recently retired players are more savage than the hard nosed legends with what they say. The old school guys realized the physical part was just part of the game, these younger ones actually want to watch careers end.

Gronkowski was pretty much bragging about ending a players career a few months back.
More proof that were it not for professional football, lot more prisoners to lock up

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. Watt wasn't the only one.

Romo's cockiness and tendency to extend plays really frustrated some defensive players to no end. Those few notable times Romo got smacked into next week were followed by extremely subdued celebrations.

I recall other players saying they just wanted to lay a lick on Romo but I have nothing to back it up with. Doesn't matter anyway. He is even safe now from some viewers wanting to reach through their television screens and strangle him like Homer does Bart Simpson, lol.
Cockiness? I never saw him as cocky. Confident, but humble is how I always saw him during his playing days.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Romo was pretty damn good. By the time he had a line and a better team, he was beat up. He was too immature in 2007, but by 2014 he had become a good qb

starman22

Reaction score
Dak also has more playoff games than Romo which is embarrassing. How are you 2-4 for a whole career?
So playoff appearances is now just a QB stat? This board needs to come to some type of agreement about where credit and blames lies with wins and losses. It seems to change constantly.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
If he states he was "literally" trying to kill him, then he just confessed to a crime. Attempted murder is a pretty serious offense.

Motorola

Reaction score
So playoff appearances is now just a QB stat? This board needs to come to some type of agreement about where credit and blames lies with wins and losses. It seems to change constantly.
I’m just falling the consensus. Every time I say it’s a team stat it gets thrown as a QB stat. It’s just depending on the guy. For Romo it’s a team stat. For Dak it’s a QB stat.
Add to the "QB win-loss stat" debate --
●"4th Quarter Comebacks"●
A football team trailing in a game's last quarter - whether by 3 points or 3 touchdowns - rallies to get the win.
That accomplishment is a TEAM EFFORT.
Yet - sports history and archives ALWAYS attribute that feat to ONLY THE QUARTERBACK - and no one else.
To my recollection, no other team sport attributes a come-from-behind, late-in-the-game win (or match---soccer, cricket, etc.) to a single player.
(Is there a record of Michael Jordan, Lebron James, or Steph Curry doing 4th quarter, last minute\seconds efforts in their teams' come-from-behind wins?)
A topic that's worth further discussion amongst us football fans.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Add to the "QB win-loss stat" debate --
●"4th Quarter Comebacks"●
A football team trailing in a game's last quarter - whether by 3 points or 3 touchdowns - rallies to get the win.
That accomplishment is a TEAM EFFORT.
Yet - sports history and archives ALWAYS attribute that feat to the only the quarterback.
To my recollection, no other team sport attributes a come-from-behind, late-in-the-game (or match---soccer, cricket, etc.) to a single player.
A topic that's worth further discussion amongst us football fans.
I mean it’s clear to me but on this site when it comes to the discussion it’s all agenda based. People who aren’t fans of Dak will say it’s a QB stat. But you can’t make a comeback without both sides of the football contributing.

Motorola

Reaction score
Romo was pretty damn good. By the time he had a line and a better team, he was beat up. He was too immature in 2007, but by 2014 he had become a good qb
Au contriare about that 2007 season.
13-3 record____5-0 start; then after a first loss to that juggernaut Patriots team, reeled off 7 straight wins to be 12-1, then coasted to a 1-2 finish in the last half of December.
That was an omen Romo - and his Cowboys teammates - were not immature, but COCKY about themselves.
__lost to a 5-8 Eagles team - AT HOME.
__on the road, defeated a 6-8 Panthers squad by only a TD.
__mailed in the season finale at FedEx Field since they clinched the division the week before.
Then - the trip to Cabo.
Overconfident about their divisional round matchup v. Giants.
You know the rest of the story.

1942willys

Reaction score
Au contriare about that 2007 season.
13-3 record____5-0 start; then after a first loss to that juggernaut Patriots team, reeled off 7 straight wins to be 12-1, then coasted to a 1-2 finish in the last half of December.
That was an omen Romo - and his Cowboys teammates - were not immature, but COCKY about themselves.
__lost to a 5-8 Eagles team - AT HOME.
__on the road, defeated a 6-8 Panthers squad by only a TD.
__mailed in the season finale at FedEx Field since they clinched the division the week before.
Then - the trip to Cabo.
Overconfident about their divisional round matchup v. Giants.
You know the rest of the story.
And coach cupcake just cruised along....

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
he got off the ball like a bolt of lightning. It couldn't have been timed any better and he burst upfield.

Tyron was beat on Watt's first step. That SHOULD have been a sack.

but Romo did Romo stuff.

Motorola

Reaction score
And coach cupcake just cruised along....
Parcells helped build and - COACHED that team - since he arrived in 2003.
After the on-the-road, last-minute playoff loss to the Seahawks...why did he step away?
2007 Cowboys would have been the NFL Champions if "the Big Tuna" was still at the helm.
JMO.

1942willys

Reaction score
Parcells helped build and - COACHED that team - since he arrived in 2003.
After the on-the-road, last-minute playoff loss to the Seahawks...why did he step away?
2007 Cowboys would have been the NFL Champions if "the Big Tuna" was still at the helm.
JMO.
If you look at BP late that season, he looked bad. Completely exhausted. That loss to Seattle really finished him, He was done.
There was nothing left.