JJT Sunday 105.3 Dallas

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Nooch is our 7th round pick and we are all excited to see our draft picks succeed! Like any QB, Dak is one hit away from missing games and Nooch could be the guy to step in as a rookie, much like Dak was in 2016. Wouldn't it be ironic if history repeats itself, assuming Dak even signs the tag and plays this year.
Good post, it would be ironic. Weirder things have happened.

dfense

Reaction score
It's funny how far some fans will go to excuse Romo for a 14 year career, but turn around and blame Prescott for everything in his 4 year career. The last thing I would do would to bring up performances in win or go home games.

Prescott needs to do a better job of stopping the run, the Rams putting up 275 yards is all his fault, right?

Romo has retired - let it go.

I didn't make any excuses for Romo. And if you recall, you brought Romo into this thread.

But, 14 years? Romo actually threw passes for 10 years. Nice to hear you embellish on him like you do Dak though. :)

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
He had 12 Pro Bowlers...will you guys quit with this dumb narrative? Jesus Christ......help us all.

Can we also:
1) Stop acting as if the Pro Bowl is a great litmus test and
2) Stop acting like half of those guys deserved to go. Popularity contest.

Romo fans and Romo haters will never agree... it'd be nice to see if this debate could freaking cease and desist after all these years. He's not here anymore, everyone needs to let it go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can we also:

Romo fans and Romo haters will never agree... it'd be nice to see if this debate could freaking cease and desist after all these years. He's not here anymore, everyone needs to let it go.
All of those guys deserved to go that year.......They had 5 All Pro's that year too......only one you could argue is Roy Williams. At that point he probably was making those teams based on reputation.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I didn't make any excuses for Romo. And if you recall, you brought Romo into this thread.

But, 14 years? Romo actually threw passes for 10 years. Nice to hear you embellish on him like you do Dak though. :)
How long was he on the roster? Are we cherry picking to fit you narrative?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Can we also:

While I agree the Pro Bowl isn't the end all - be all, it more than not the best players in the NFL. WAY more than half deserve to go.

Lastly, I was a huge fan of Romo when he played, but somehow he got elevated into legendary status after he retired. It's old.

bigE79

Reaction score
Love that quote on Ben DiNucci.. pulling for that kid hard..from my hometown.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
While I agree the Pro Bowl isn't the end all - be all, it more than not the best players in the NFL. WAY more than half deserve to go.

Lastly, I was a huge fan of Romo when he played, but somehow he got elevated into legendary status after he retired. It's old.
This is what drives me crazy. He was a good QB that couldn't stay healthy and thats where it stops. There is legit ppl here that think he deserves to be in the hall of fame.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I got in late so this will be short.

The guest was a reporter named Patrick that has been covering the Cowboys for two decades. Didn't catch his last name. These are his comments.

DiNucci - this is a direct quote.... "This boy has on the Romo cologne. He has great pocket awareness and escapability. Watched a lot of film on the guy and he can play. Cooper Rush will have his hands full keeping his job."

Gallimore - "This guy may have Larry Allen strength and speed. Watched him get chipped by a QB after he was double teamed and chased down a RB and got a strip. Already contacted McCoy who is a fellow Sooner, and this kid will be in his back pocket learning."

General draft - "I have been a fan of this team since the 80's and covering them, professionally since 1999 and this is the best draft I have seen"

Offense - "This will be the best offense in the East and perhaps the entire NFC. Moore and McCarthy were working to install new wrinkles this week during the down time in the draft."
dang im pumped ..!!:yourock:

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Gallimore becomes some facsimile of Jay Ratliff before he got paid that would be great. Side note, Ratliff became one of my all time favorites when he wanted to choke Jerry out.
hes the exact comp after his name was called I used,,he reminds me of Ratliff for sure..

blueblood70

Reaction score
You remarked about Romo's toughness. And I can give you a list of things he was better at.

Dak's one injury so far, a sore shoulder. And he looked like crap and couldn't score a TD in the most important game of the season against a bad secondary.

Tell me I'm wrong.
yup I take healthy romo over dak 100 out of 100times given all current information..