Recap: JJT: Whispers from the Star (5/1)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wait are they serious about a guy with a shooting dice addiction? I know a dude who plays dice for big money but nobody has the money to play him so he lost his addiction lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feel like it’s Poe or Worley, Haha and McCoy are squeaky clean guys. Wouldn’t be Aldon as Glazer wouldn’t be pumping his image.

Process of elimination if I had to guess would make me believe it’s Poe or Worley.
I'd assume anyone who signed a 1 year deal is a candidate. I think its one of the two too....its weird though if someone has a issue with gambling it would've gotten out.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Interesting to hear about the "gambler". I too wonder who it is and what the plan is to keep him "clean"?

If Worley isn't in the mix at S, than I would tend to think that Awuzie is.

Story says he's a newly acquired player. Can't be Chido.
Thought it could be CeeDee because of the boomer reference. But he hasn't signed yet.
I say it's Gerald McCoy because of the "boomer" hint. McCoy played at Oklahoma University. Boomer Sooner.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I found this on reports of Switzer's attitude problems from when he was drafted:

"Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Ryan Switzer believes he was the best return man in the 2017 NFL Draft, although it’s exactly that kind of attitude that may have caused the North Carolina product to fall to the fourth round.

At least, that’s how one anonymous NFL special teams coach feels about Switzer, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. McGinn pressed scouts and coaches from around the league for their opinions on 2017 draft prospects. While talent evaluators described Switzer as “dynamic” and “a special player,” another pointed to a potential personality defect or character flaw that might bother some teams.

“He had really good stats earlier, wasn’t great this year,” the anonymous coach said. “I wouldn’t want the kid because he’s so cocky. Just obnoxious. Hard to be around. Even his own teammates didn’t like him. Who needs all those headaches with a guy like that? It’s not like he’s [legendary NFL wide receiver] Randy Moss.”

Listed at 5-foot-8 and 181 pounds and timed at 4.51 seconds in the 40-yard dash, Switzer recorded 244 receptions for 2,907 yards and returned 7 punts for touchdowns — all Tar Heels records. He has the potential to become a great return man and slot receiver in the NFL.

The question is whether Cowboys coaches will be able to put up with him. Obviously, Dallas chose Switzer, so the staff must have felt comfortable enough after limited meetings with the 22-year-old to bring him aboard.

But how will everybody feel about Switzer as months and years go by, including his teammates in the locker room?

Of course, this is only one coach’s opinion, and who knows how he arrived at the conclusion that Switzer is brash and annoying. It’s possible this person had some preconceived notions about the young man going into their meeting — that tattoo inside his bottom lip might rub people the wrong way — and nothing Switzer could say or do was going to change that."

Regardless, that line of thinking about Switzer is out there, and if he starts having trouble forging alliances with people in the Cowboys organization, remember this scouting report.

Then this feeds into my philosophy that there years where Jerry was obsessed with finding guys who were talented but salvation guys. Fits for years. Not saying he was a “bad seed” in the traditional sense but he was a guy we could “save” or “change”

817Gill

Reaction score
I'd assume anyone who signed a 1 year deal is a candidate. I think its one of the two too....its weird though if someone has a issue with gambling it would've gotten out.
Poe’s got a 2 year deal but yeah the short signings might be indicative of the teams wariness.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Thought it could be CeeDee because of the boomer reference. But he hasn't signed yet.
I say it's Gerald McCoy because of the "boomer" hint. McCoy played at Oklahoma University. Boomer Sooner.
"Boomer" had nothing to do with me calling the person in question a Sooner.

It was me explaining to the old guys that lurk this forum what shooting dice means.

cern

Reaction score
I play the stock market. That's a crap shoot.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Prince was the only dude that could take away your girlfriend while dressing like her. Why I wrote this I have no idea.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Thanks CC. Love reading tidbits from a reputable source.

Really appreciated.

J-man

Reaction score

I wasn't saying Awuzie was the gambler, I was referencing his comment about a CB moving to S.

McCoy is a good guess to be the gambler.