Recap: JJT: Whispers from the Star (9/25)

GMO415

Reaction score
So basically we can believe our own eyes about this roster....

Bluestang

Reaction score
It’s comical what “journalists” pass off as insider info. This whole series is all conjecture. I feel sorry for ppl that waste their time with this.

JJT “insiders/sources” are the same ppl we’ve heard from before - liquor store guy, couch scout dude, and whatever nonsense you get sucked into.

There is no secrecy with this roster or in years past. Different players, different coaches, high expectations and an underwhelming product.

It’s no science to figure out what the problem is. Some posters have constantly pointed it out only to be chastised by the group thinkers.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We were 8-8 last season in one of the worst nfc east opponents in decades. We got worse, not better in the offseason. We have too much $$ invested in an underachieving off line and we love drafting injury prone linebackers. Russell Wilson is gonna light up our no name secondary the morrow.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I was with JJT up until the "let the defenders do what they've proven they do best" because no one on this defense does anything well. There's no reason to stop trying different things until they do.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's hope allowing the DEs to use a 3-point stance or whatever they're comfy with, will result in some sacks or pressures.

At least, something different is being attempted. To keep doing the same thing and expect different results would be crazy.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Good post thanks as always for the recap.

No, we don’t believe this is a good roster because of the Jones. No one here falls for their schtick anymore.

It’s because on paper it is a good starting roster, but lacks depth. The offensive line is good when healthy, atrocious when not healthy. The defense has been a disappointment. Yeah, they lost Byron Jones. But what exactly happened to Tank? How did he go from consistent double digit sacks to a JAG?

And my illusions in camp that we’d have a pass rush were apparently just that, illusions. What we actually saw was bad offensive line play not a good pass rush.

All in all, the Cowboys are going to win the NFC EAST. That’s obvious. But I just don’t see a deep playoff push unless they can get everybody healthy and maybe trade for an impact player on defense.

When was DLaw consistently a double digit sack guy? He had 2 years where he got double digit sacks and that was around his contract years. He is always hurt or coming back from being hurt. At least that’s the excuses that are always made for him.

he is the worst contract on this team. He should be cut and that money should be used elsewhere

Mr_437

Reaction score
The "source" didn't tell not one like about the talent on the team. The team building has been poor primarily from lack of attention to defense and poor drafting.

I like Jaylon, but his play is very uninspiring. Sidenote: I preferred Myles Jack that draft b/c of his coverage ability which was never #54 strong suit.

Don't care about Jerry's security. Besides only a fool would try to clear that big azz wall around Jerry's crib.