Twitter: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the new voices of ESPN Monday Night Football

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Won't matter much MNF is something of the past
Witten is back!!

jasonwigton.jpg

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This entire subject and this thread are totally subjective.

I want to believe that is is all subjective with Joe Buck, but I have always been dying to apply an AI NLP (Natural Language Processor) to Joe buck's dialogue in his broadcasts in Cowboys games.

I feel his superlatives tend to be one sided. I argued this a bit with my son, and this past year in one game we both heard in back to back possessions the words Buck used to describe a Zeke 4 yard run compared to his counterpart on the other side of the ball.

I'm telling you he has a totally different bias when it comes to the Cowboys, and although he doesn't say it openly he says it through his superlatives.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the NFL starts awarding games to all of the services that require the fan to pay extra (for cable or dish) to watch NFL games, the NFL will no longer be the most watched sport in the U.S. Games aired on any of the major networks, FOX,CBS, NBC have many more views than any of the games shown on ESPN. We'll have to wait and see on Amazon Prime but history will show they really can't compete viewer wise with either FOX or NBC for Thursday Night games. Before there was Sunday Night games, MNF was on ABC and that was the biggest game of the week. Then ABC pushed it off onto ESPN and the number of viewers dropped significantly. Then NBC started Sunday Night games and the number of viewers shot through the roof. Now what is the common thread that runs through FOX,CBS,NBC? All the fan needs is a $12.00 antenna that attaches to the back of the TV to watch those games. The NFL has been making another huge mistake for years now. They're more interested in pumping the economies in foreign cities rather that in nion-NFL cit6ies in this country. There are many cities in the U.S. that have college stadiums that could use the pump in their economy. Also it doesn't force players to have to adjust to the time difference of a foreign city. Between the NFL watering down the game itself and it's push for more money no matter at what the cost will ultimately be, the life of the NFL is going to be in question much sooner rather than later.
Yet their industry continues to grow and as long as they're being offered huge money for product, they will continue taking it.

The way the NFL looks at it is Sunday is a lock regardless of who plays and the numbers bare that out. NFL fans and fantasy players have their Sundays mapped out. It is in the NFL's best interest to spread the better matchups around. They don't care whether the companies that show the games are terrestrial, cable/satellite or streamers. They also own one of their one cable/satellite networks and they understand the drawbacks. Who else are they going to get to broadcast the games? All 4 commercial broadcasters are already signed up.

Flamma

Reaction score
You know, had I not seen this, I would never know they moved. Does anyone pay attention? I would just see Buck and Aikman, and wouldn't be the wiser.

John813

Reaction score
Shame. Liked Aikman but I’ll be damned if I watch MNF unless the cowboys are playing

khiladi

Reaction score
New voices for MNF but still horrible voices for football commentary..

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
New voices for MNF but still horrible voices for football commentary..

I'm a fan of Buck and Troy, but I get that not everyone is.

But that does beg the question... who is the best crew right now?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yet their industry continues to grow and as long as they're being offered huge money for product, they will continue taking it.

The way the NFL looks at it is Sunday is a lock regardless of who plays and the numbers bare that out. NFL fans and fantasy players have their Sundays mapped out. It is in the NFL's best interest to spread the better matchups around. They don't care whether the companies that show the games are terrestrial, cable/satellite or streamers. They also own one of their one cable/satellite networks and they understand the drawbacks. Who else are they going to get to broadcast the games? All 4 commercial broadcasters are already signed up.
MNF was originally on ABC until ABC wanted to make more money that what then were making with the NFL so they convinced the NFL to allow ESPN air the games and have seen a drop in viewers that steadily keep going down. TNF was originally on NBC then FOX and now we need cable or satellite and also have t6o pay extra to see those games now. The NFL is not that dumb to move the best match ups off of Sundays because that will piss the commercial broadcasters off where they won't bid for games at next contract time so that will leave more cable/satellite which will mean fewer viewers and ultimately the end of the NFL. The NFL is already losing fans, mostly casual fans, because of changes to the game itself. They can't afford to have people write they off because of needing cable or satellite4 to see NFL games. With the loss of income from covid the past couple of years polls have shown the first thing people did was to drop their cable/satellite costs. I used to have DirecTV but now I don't.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Buck and Troy, but I get that not everyone is.

But that does beg the question... who is the best crew right now?

i like Romo and Nance, though Romo can be too goofy at times. Watching the Mannin brothers do ‘commentary’ is great.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
i like Romo and Nance, though Romo can be too goofy at times. Watching the Mannin brothers do ‘commentary’ is great.

Romo and Nantz are great yeah. Probably the best crew.

I really like Michaels but Collinsworth isn’t my favorite.