Twitter: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the new voices of ESPN Monday Night Football

Zordon

Reaction score
I wish ESPN hired away Kevin Burkhardt from Fox, partnered him with Troy, and added him to their MLB coverage. That guy is good.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/es...iyear-deals-for-joe-buck-and-troy-aikman.html

Lisa Salters and John Parry will remain in their current roles, according to ESPN’s release:

ESPN has signed acclaimed play-by-play commentator Joe Buck and leading football analyst Troy Aikman to multi-year deals, as the NFL’s longest current booth pairing and Pro Football Hall of Fame members will become the new voices of Monday Night Football. The iconic duo’s 2022 Monday Night Football debut will mark their 21st NFL season in the booth together, matching the legendary Pat Summerall and John Madden’s all-time record as on-air NFL partners. In their two decades together, Buck and Aikman have called six Super Bowls, surpassing all other pairings/booths except for Summerall and Madden. Accomplished commentator Lisa Salters, Monday Night Football’s longest-tenured sideline reporter, will return for her 11th season on the series. John Parry will be the officiating analyst once again.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I don't like Joe Buck, but this is a huge upgrade for MNF.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This is very hard to understand. I've read a couple of articles that said that over the past 2 years cable and dish providers lost about 15% to 20% of their subscribers because of the loss of income from covid and families having to make cut backs. So why would the #1 team on FOX go to a smaller audience. Besides MNF often has less than really good games . This just doesn't make any sense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is very hard to understand. I've read a couple of articles that said that over the past 2 years cable and dish providers lost about 15% to 20% of their subscribers because of the loss of income from covid and families having to make cut backs. So why would the #1 team on FOX go to a smaller audience. Besides MNF often has less than really good games . This just doesn't make any sense.

It's all about the Benjamins.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s been at least two other threads on this topic.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until they announce such games as the Jets - Jaguars, Dolphins - Jets, Wilson-less Seahawks - Tasom Hill led Saints games.

Oh they may get a Cowboys - NFCE opponent game, but then they will have the Lions -Texans game also.

Actually, I bet they will get some better games than usual, depending the money they also paid to the NFL.

Amazon will get the really poor matchups, as I do not see Amazon Prime memberships rising that much to view lame games.
The only reason I would sign up for Prime is if I dump Netflix or HBO Max, which I plan to do one or the other for both anyway over the next few months.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Yelp.....MNF on mute.
giphy.gif