Joe Judge Fired

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MODS. This is a duplicate thread. Please delete. I wasn't looking for Joe Judge news in the fan forum where it does NOT belong.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Flores would be my #1 target if I was the Giants

I too like Flores….but honestly, I’m more concerned about our next GM. If we get the right horse here, then everything below him should fall in place:

1. HC
2. Coordinators (not named Garrett)
3. Smart free agent pick ups (no Golladays or Solders)
4. Smart drafting (no more bad #1 picks in particular)

Hopefully soon, my boys can give your boys a challenge.
K

khiladi

Reaction score
we’re really blaming Garrett over the giants coach that lied about former players calling wanting to return to NY?

We really defending Garrett when his own players were calling him out for two years running in NY and Garrett was blaming his own players in NY for being young and not veterans, while in 2016 with Linehan they had one of the youngest offenses in the NFL..

Pentagruel

Reaction score
We really defending Garrett when his own players were calling him out for two years running in NY and Garrett was blaming his own players in NY for being young and not veterans, while in 2016 with Linehan they had one of the youngest offenses in the NFL..

I mean Garrett didn’t help any but seriously, this clown show is on Joe Judge, not Garrett. Judge is the HC and he is terrible. In my opinion he should have been sent packing after the QB sneaks. I’ve never seen a coach surrender like that. Possibly that tipped Mara’s hand when making a decision because it looked like he was really loathe to admit he made yet another poor hire.

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean Garrett didn’t help any but seriously, this clown show is on Joe Judge, not Garrett. Judge is the HC and he is terrible. In my opinion he should have been sent packing after the QB sneaks. I’ve never seen a coach surrender like that. Possibly that tipped Mara’s hand when making a decision because it looked like he was really loathe to admit he made yet another poor hire.

Garrett completely destroyed the offense before Judge even touched it. Both Dooley and Columbo were brought by Garrett and he had full control.

Havic

Reaction score
I too like Flores….but honestly, I’m more concerned about our next GM. If we get the right horse here, then everything below him should fall in place:

1. HC
2. Coordinators (not named Garrett)
3. Smart free agent pick ups (no Golladays or Solders)
4. Smart drafting (no more bad #1 picks in particular)

Hopefully soon, my boys can give your boys a challenge.
K

It will take several years to get back. Tbh I am not a big fan of Daniel Jones and if you dont have a good qb in this league you dont go far.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Garrett completely destroyed the offense before Judge even touched it. Both Dooley and Columbo were brought by Garrett and he had full control.

Yet it got worse after Garrett left. Clearly Garrett wasn’t the biggest problem there.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yet it got worse after Garrett left. Clearly Garrett wasn’t the biggest problem there.

It actually did not. When Judge fired Columbo and rumors were afloat that he took over the last ranked RG, and it actually got better. And as far as this year, of course it did, because by the time Garrett was fired the offense was in complete disarray and players had already given up on the season. And Garrett had multiple years of being an OC, which makes it even worse. Joe Judge had zero experience being an OC and had much less experience than Garrett ever did, so he had more excuses for sucking as he truer to rectify all the trash that Garrett brought to the organization.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
With Mike Glennon at quarterback. Let’s be honest.

Fair enough, though they did have one game with Jones and it was no better then under Garrett. I think you guys are really being way too kind on Judge here though. Even with a backup QB there is no way it’s acceptable to be so poor on offense. It was also Gettleman/Judge decision to have Glennon as the backup and not address that position better. I think it’s ridiculous to place the majority of the blame on Garrett rather then Joe Judge for the mess the giants were this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough, though they did have one game with Jones and it was no better then under Garrett. I think you guys are really being way too kind on Judge here though. Even with a backup QB there is no way it’s acceptable to be so poor on offense. It was also Gettleman/Judge decision to have Glennon as the backup and not address that position better. I think it’s ridiculous to place the majority of the blame on Garrett rather then Joe Judge for the mess the giants were this year.

I’m not trying to absolve either if them of their share if blame. I’m also confident that Garrett likely had significant input on offensive personnel.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Damm! The Giants might be a threat again with a new gm and coach. I was hoping they'd keep one of the two around

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like Judge threw himself a party after getting fired, having 9 pizzas and several cases of beer delivered. He gets $15 million over the next 3 years NOT to coach.

CWR

Reaction score

Master of excuses, and takes no actual accountability.