Joe Judge Fired

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
They have a ton of picks in this year's draft. Two top 10 picks and like 3 or 4 in the 3rd iirc.

Yeah, honestly, If I were Kellen Moore this is an extremely attractive position. It really just depends on if he wants to deal with the media, but any HC is going to deal with the Media.

He would be replacing three awful head coaches before him, so the bar is incredibly low to begin with. You never want to replace a beloved figure in any organization, it is difficult to follow in their footsteps.......The Giants just fired 3 coaches in the last 6 years, so most likely if he is at least somewhat competent he is going to last longer. If he is somewhat competent the fans will love him.

The coaches before him all seem incredibly rude and unlikeable, and so simply by him being respectful to others he is going to be loved by the organization.

He already knows the division extremely well and knows their biggest rival the best.

Awesome draft picks. This would be the one I would be concerned about.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Huge bummer.

I was hoping they'd keep him another year.

He was an awful Head Coach.

Don't worry, I reckon Jason Garrett will be their next HC. This is exactly what he wanted. It shows that it wasn't his fault, which he can play to ownership there and say at least they had an offense while he was there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, honestly, If I were Kellen Moore this is an extremely attractive position. It really just depends on if he wants to deal with the media, but any HC is going to deal with the Media.

He would be replacing three awful head coaches before him, so the bar is incredibly low to begin with. You never want to replace a beloved figure in any organization, it is difficult to follow in their footsteps.......The Giants just fired 3 coaches in the last 6 years, so most likely if he is at least somewhat competent he is going to last longer. If he is somewhat competent the fans will love him.

The coaches before him all seem incredibly rude and unlikeable, and so simply by him being respectful to others he is going to be loved by the organization.

He already knows the division extremely well and knows their biggest rival the best.

Awesome draft picks. This would be the one I would be concerned about.
good points.

khiladi

Reaction score
People act like nobody would take the Jacksonville job, let alone something as prestigious as coaching in NY. Guys spend their whole lives dreaming of the day to be a HC and guys will line up for them. The only difference right now is that there are so many openings, these guys are in a better position to choose a destination they prefer.

If you can turn around a Jaguars team, you instantly become a legend. If you win in NY, it’s a whole different level. Plus, with modern free agency it’s a lot different, which is why expectations to win early are not like they used to be.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Incredible lol

Joe Judge set back the NYG franchise years. Those fans have got to feel good about this news

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Thank you, Jesus….this news is both a surprise and much needed. Judge embarrassed himself and our team especially the past month.

Now I hope we hire a very smart GM who knows football, player evaluation, and knows how to surround himself with good sharp people to help him. Go Giants!

You can have Jerry Jones. He fits all those criteria……just ask him

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
What a mistake hiring Judge was. Mara needs to call Parcells for counsel, hire a real GM and get out of the way.
Just a question. I know that Parcels is a wealth of football knowledge, but is it past his time to have a good feel of the game to give recommendations?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Just a question. I know that Parcels is a wealth of football knowledge, but is it past his time to have a good feel of the game to give recommendations?
I think at this stage it's more about process and how to evaluate and select personnel. Parcells always had a robust staff of talented coaches on the sideline with him. He is true football guy if there ever was one.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
It was kind of forced on him by Mara. It was similar to the Wade situation here, where the Garrett family had really close ties to the owner and family.

we’re really blaming Garrett over the giants coach that lied about former players calling wanting to return to NY?