Twitter: Joe Thomas predicts Clowney to the Boys

ultron

Reaction score
I’d much rather have 2 top tier DT’s and Randy Gregory reinstated with Crawford signed for like 2 or 3 mil (he owes us money so he should really play for free).

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Was just thinking this. If Dallas isn't re-signing Quinn or Byron Jones, they have the room to make a splash. Guys like Clowney, Ngakoue, C. Jones (though I doubt it) could all be in play here.

Clowney would be an outstanding add. Solves a heck of a lot of problems.

I think it would be a good signing with us basically losing people right now.

Would be nice if we actually added some talent instead of just losing it this offseason.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think it would be a good signing with us basically losing people right now.

Would be nice if they actually added some talent instead of just losing it this offseason.
Agreed. I have a hard time seeing them knowingly go into next season with a worse roster after signing a new HC. I don't like that aesthetic at all.

On offense they're not going to downgrade, but depending on what they actually want to do on defense, they don't have the talent right now.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s not as far-fetched as you may think.

Cowboys may have been agreeable to the money Quinn got annually but not to the years and guaranteed money, especially given the fact he’ll be 30 years old at the start of the season. Odds are Quinn ain’t seeing the end of that 5-year deal.

Clowney just turned 27.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please no, this will be worse than the Lawrence contract. This guy plays when he wants to.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I’d much rather have 2 top tier DT’s and Randy Gregory reinstated with Crawford signed for like 2 or 3 mil (he owes us money so he should really play for free).
You could cut Crawford and that would almost be enough money saved to sign Danny Shelton + your choice of Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), or Michael Pierce (BAL)

You could even throw Margus Hunt who was just released as a cap casualty and get good veteran depth

fivetwos

Reaction score
Exactly.

We dont sign impactful free agents that may take us to the next level.

We dont really have to. We draft so well.

We like our guys.

What an absolute STENCH Garrett put on this entire franchise.

Seriously worse than Jerry...although Jerry hired Garrett.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Was just thinking this. If Dallas isn't re-signing Quinn or Byron Jones, they have the room to make a splash. Guys like Clowney, Ngakoue, C. Jones (though I doubt it) could all be in play here.

But what do you think the contract numbers would look like?

ultron

Reaction score
You could cut Crawford and that would almost be enough money saved to sign Danny Shelton + your choice of Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), or Michael Pierce (BAL)

You could even throw Margus Hunt who was just released as a cap casualty and get good veteran depth
Yea I wouldn’t be opposed to cutting him - I would’ve cut him 2 years ago tbh.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like Clowney a LOT, but at this point we can get three key contributors for the kind of money he wants....and the second Clowney gets hobbled a bit, or cant play at all due to whatever, that 3 vs 1 is really gonna sting.

Said it earlier....Clowney is for a team that isnt paying Lawrence already.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Probably just below Dlaw.
giphy.gif

ultron

Reaction score

ngakoue and Jones were franchise tagged