Joe Whitt Jr. I wrote those down in October 2021: My 2 Dream Jobs

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Whitt jumps ship, that speaks volumes about the Jones family and the culture here. This is his dream job in the making, to be the dc here. For him to leave would be telling. Jerry would then need to bring in here a big name like Vrabel to steady things quickly.
Can't remember the last time Jerry lost a coach he badly wanted to keep.
And the coaches that do move on rarely bad-mouth the culture they way the fans do.

Creeper

Reaction score
Are we fretting the loss of some assistant coaches to Quinn's Washington Commanders? The same fan base that wants to get rid of Dak, CeeDee and Parsons is not crying over the loss of obscure defensive assistants?

Make it all make sense please.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are we fretting the loss of some assistant coaches to Quinn's Washington Commanders? The same fan base that wants to get rid of Dak, CeeDee and Parsons is not crying over the loss of obscure defensive assistants?

Make it all make sense please.
I've given up trying to make sense out of a lot of people's posts around here!! :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Whitt jumps ship, that speaks volumes about the Jones family and the culture here. This is his dream job in the making, to be the dc here. For him to leave would be telling. Jerry would then need to bring in here a big name like Vrabel to steady things quickly.
No it doesn’t

shows LOYALTY to Quinn. Happens OFTEN!

So many followed parcels and others around……. Good taking the easy shot at the FO when its pretty reg occurrence for assistants to follow his boss to the next stop..

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
I Expect Joe Whitt Jr To Be First Inline For The Next Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Position..:thumbup:

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Would rather him get a shot than the retreads. That said, some report he is going with Quinn

Rayman70

Reaction score
No it doesn’t

So many followed parcels and others around……. Good taking the easy shot at the FO when its pretty reg occurrence for assistants to follow his boss to the next stop..
Whitt said his dream gig is to be the DC in Dallas someday. For him to leave for the Commodes would be a coup for Quinn.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No it doesn’t

wait what? lol. Have you not read what Whitt himself has said? Don't listen to me, go look. Usually, I would agree with your statement generally, but in this case, I'd be surprised if the DC job in Dallas isn't offered to him.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Cowboys might try to get BB in here. I don’t think it would happen but Jerry has been talking him up.
Jerry says a lot of things in his drunken stupor... started when he said there are 500 coaches that could coach the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. Apparently he has continuously picked the wrong one every time, including himself. And don't say Switzer won him a SB, it was Jimmy's team at that time running on auto pilot.

HanD

Reaction score
Wash just can't take our staff from my understanding cause it isn't for a HC job and considered a lateral. we'd have to agree to let them go if they have contracts. if this is a one year gig and we might blow the whole thing up after MM, no reason to really let them go. harris or Whitt regardless of what DQ plans, he'd have to get buy off. inside the division, send me some compensation.....

nm they changed the rule again......

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whitt said his dream gig is to be the DC in Dallas someday. For him to leave for the Commodes would be a coup for Quinn.
I don't know man do we really want to keep the remnants of the defense that we really want changed I mean is this new coordinator that's on this staff gonna run Dan Quincy defense he's gonna run his own thing? That's why a lot of people on here wanna see Mike vrabel or even Rivera over keeping someone off our staff because I don't think we wanna stay status quo

blueblood70

Reaction score
wait what? lol. Have you not read what Whitt himself has said? Don't listen to me, go look. Usually, I would agree with your statement generally, but in this case, I'd be surprised if the DC job in Dallas isn't offered to him.
Why I said it because you're making assumptions if he leaves it has something to do with Jerry and I'm saying it has more to do with the loyalty and what Dan Quinn tells him as he's leaving and how many of these dudes he's poaching that's called loyalty I don't care if it's his dream job it doesn't mean he would break his loyalty to his long time friend and not like he's not getting another pro job it's not like Washington is some scrub place to land if they turn it around