Joe Whitt Jr. I wrote those down in October 2021: My 2 Dream Jobs

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why I said it because you're making assumptions if he leaves it has something to do with Jerry and I'm saying it has more to do with the loyalty and what Dan Quinn tells him as he's leaving and how many of these dudes he's poaching that's called loyalty I don't care if it's his dream job it doesn't mean he would break his loyalty to his long time friend and not like he's not getting another pro job it's not like Washington is some scrub place to land if they turn it around
Well we will never know the real reason if he does leave.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't know man do we really want to keep the remnants of the defense that we really want changed I mean is this new coordinator that's on this staff gonna run Dan Quincy defense he's gonna run his own thing? That's why a lot of people on here wanna see Mike vrabel or even Rivera over keeping someone off our staff because I don't think we wanna stay status quo
I kinda agree with your train of thought. I'm a bit hesitant keeping the scraps of Quinn's system. I feel a fresh pair of eyes and ideas is needed. I want Vabrel

Fmart322

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Cowboys might try to get BB in here. I don’t think it would happen but Jerry has been talking him up.
If BB does come here he'll be our HC next season when MM fails to bring the Cowboys to the next level.
BB would definitely change the culture around here, especially on the defense where we've always failed at in the post season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Cowboys might try to get BB in here. I don’t think it would happen but Jerry has been talking him up.
You're delusional as well I see. You think the individual with the biggest ego in nfl history will take a demotion. Hilarious

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't know man do we really want to keep the remnants of the defense that we really want changed I mean is this new coordinator that's on this staff gonna run Dan Quincy defense he's gonna run his own thing? That's why a lot of people on here wanna see Mike vrabel or even Rivera over keeping someone off our staff because I don't think we wanna stay status quo
Rivera is my fall back hire if we swing and miss on vrabel

Gambit

Reaction score
Why I said it because you're making assumptions if he leaves it has something to do with Jerry and I'm saying it has more to do with the loyalty and what Dan Quinn tells him as he's leaving and how many of these dudes he's poaching that's called loyalty I don't care if it's his dream job it doesn't mean he would break his loyalty to his long time friend and not like he's not getting another pro job it's not like Washington is some scrub place to land if they turn it around
Joe Whitt jr has 10 years exp in Green Bay and 3 here working under McCarthy, are you discounting loyalty to him?

CWR

Reaction score
I think BB would rather be a coordinator than be on a pregame football show. Jerry will offer him more money and the Cowboys profile could get him a head coaching job in 2025.
He's too big to be a coordinator anywhere. MM would be swallowed by his shadow. Can you imagine a coach being upset with BB and hashing it out? He's too respected and it would create an extremely awkward dynamic.

So yes, I could see Jerry doing that. Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Joe Whitt jr has 10 years exp in Green Bay and 3 here working under McCarthy, are you discounting loyalty to him?
NO but given that information I might be worried he's a little too much like Mike Nolan? What kind of defense did Joe Witt junior learn under was it Mike Nolan Dan Quinn are we going to get a Frankenstein version of both I mean I'm a little worried about this I hope he goes... Stay tuned the next 72 hours is going to get interesting... In my opinion I hope Dan Quinn takes everyone with him to Washington then we'll know exactly what defense he's running and how to dissect it... Who was Dan Quinn's defensive coordinator in Atlanta? Number that watermelon kick game I don't know that defense sure didn't stop much against us...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry says a lot of things in his drunken stupor... started when he said there are 500 coaches that could coach the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. Apparently he has continuously picked the wrong one every time, including himself. And don't say Switzer won him a SB, it was Jimmy's team at that time running on auto pilot.
What does Barry Switzer have to do with BB possibly being a defensive coordinator? :rolleyes: :huh: Let the 90s go. Jimmy was going to leave Dallas anyway.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He's too big to be a coordinator anywhere. MM would be swallowed by his shadow. Can you imagine a coach being upset with BB and hashing it out? He's too respected and it would create an extremely awkward dynamic.

So yes, I could see Jerry doing that. Lol
Can you imagine BB in a studio during a football game. Talking to Cowturd, Stephen A. And Skippy on a weekly talk show. :grin: :laugh: :facepalm:

Reactions: CWR

Gambit

Reaction score
NO but given that information I might be worried he's a little too much like Mike Nolan? What kind of defense did Joe Witt junior learn under was it Mike Nolan Dan Quinn are we going to get a Frankenstein version of both I mean I'm a little worried about this I hope he goes... Stay tuned the next 72 hours is going to get interesting... In my opinion I hope Dan Quinn takes everyone with him to Washington then we'll know exactly what defense he's running and how to dissect it... Who was Dan Quinn's defensive coordinator in Atlanta? Number that watermelon kick game I don't know that defense sure didn't stop much against us...
I'm a little worried you're worried about him and know nothing of him. Here let me help.

Joe Whitt Jr
Worked under Mike McCarthy in Green Bay from from 2008-2018 under Don Capers

2019 in Cleveland under Steve Wilks as same position here

2020 in Atlanta under Raheem Morris same position

Under Capers it was a 3-5 Scheme
Under Wilks it was an aggressive blitzing 4-3
Under Raheem Morris an aggressive 3-4

In 2021 after firing Mike Nolan McCarthy wanted to interview Joe Whitt Jr as the new DC

No ties to Mike Nolan.

This is all googleable I wish people would do a modicum of research

Gambit

Reaction score
The water melon kick game you talk about was on the Special Teams unit, not the Defense.

Serious question, do you understand the basics of football and the three phases?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The water melon kick game you talk about was on the Special Teams unit, not the Defense.

Serious question, do you understand the basics of football and the three phases?
Ohh so you're saying that the head coach is isn't responsible for his underlings and the whole team and shouldn't have input on a final play like that????

I thought that that's what head coaches do what to do on 4th down what to do on going for for field goal versus getting a first down or a touchdown these big moments situational football Dan Quinn has not been very good and I don't even know who his defensive coordinator was back then but they blew an awful lot of leads but does that even matter now he's gone and it's time for a fresh new look on D...​

because the hypocrisy around here seems to go deep because Mike McCarthy seems to be being blamed for everything on the team because he's a head coach and that he should have had input in some of these games on what to do with special teams or defense in a big moment or a halftime by the way maybe going to Dan Quinn and saying I'm tired of seeing nickel and dime change it, do something different!!!

I thought that that's what the head coaches were responsible for if you listen to people around here Mike McCarthy and Prescott get blamed for everything,​
so now you're saying you're making excuses for a play that happened that determine the outcome of a game and you don't think being it would have been probably the last play of the game that Dan Quinn didn't have any input??​

interesting :facepalm: ;)o_O

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm a little worried you're worried about him and know nothing of him. Here let me help.

Joe Whitt Jr
Worked under Mike McCarthy in Green Bay from from 2008-2018 under Don Capers

2019 in Cleveland under Steve Wilks as same position here

2020 in Atlanta under Raheem Morris same position

Under Capers it was a 3-5 Scheme
Under Wilks it was an aggressive blitzing 4-3
Under Raheem Morris an aggressive 3-4

In 2021 after firing Mike Nolan McCarthy wanted to interview Joe Whitt Jr as the new DC

No ties to Mike Nolan.

This is all googleable I wish people would do a modicum of research
well for one it's kind of odd that you're worried about me I'm not the one doing the hiring I'm not the one that's making decisions for this team but I'd like to know who was Dan Quinn's assistance in defensive coordinator when he was in Atlanta because whoever he was are well known for blowing big leads and situational football wasn't very good...

Mike Zimmer, Mike vrabel, and Rivera all should be considered... You have to go into these interviews and find out what these guys plans would be with this current roster how they would handle the draft and free agency to fix the defense you picked the best guy and if none of these dudes do it then yeah promote from within but this is pretty serious you can't just go with your comfort zone but I think Mike Zimmer is a bigger target given Jerry's love to bring back familiar names...