John Abraham talk again

rojan

Reaction score
TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM: John Abraham???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read on ESPN.com that John Abraham will probably not get his contract extension he was hoping for, and franchising him would be too expensive for the Jets. I know our defense is solid right now, but if he becomes a free agent, should we go after him? I know we have bigger needs, but anytime we have the opportunity to improve, we should take it. I know I would like to see Abraham in a Cowboys uniform.

Does anyone know the Jets salary cap situation????

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
rojan said:
TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM: John Abraham???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read on ESPN.com that John Abraham will probably not get his contract extension he was hoping for, and franchising him would be too expensive for the Jets. I know our defense is solid right now, but if he becomes a free agent, should we go after him? I know we have bigger needs, but anytime we have the opportunity to improve, we should take it. I know I would like to see Abraham in a Cowboys uniform.

Does anyone know the Jets salary cap situation????

Take him in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ware and Abraham as OLB would be a dream for the boys....

Move Burnett inside with Bradie James....this would be the most dominant LB core in the NFL!

rojan

Reaction score
I know...I never saw any game when Parcells was with the Giants bt I did see the play were LT broke that Commanders leg and there were like 4 players in the backfeild in less than 2 seconds.....Imagine that

2much2soon

Reaction score
Abraham is practically unblockable one on one. Ware will likely be next year.
Anybody catch the play Abraham made on Vick when the Jets played Atlanta earlier in the year? The game where Vinnie self destructed.
Vick took off to his left for the endzone on about the 10 yard line. Abraham was being blocked on the end but disengaged the blocker and ran down Vick before he could score. Abraham has frightening speed. So does Ware.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Abraham is practically unblockable one on one.

He only has like 5 or 6 sacks this year

Id like him here too, but hes not unblockable, and he also wants a lot of money.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
He will be looking for a huge contract- I don't think he's worth it.

Hiero

Reaction score
BAZ said:
He will be looking for a huge contract- I don't think he's worth it.
ya exactly. Im definitely not willing to pay him a huge contract that I think he is gonna want.

50cent

Reaction score
Ah, fellas? We have like 5 million in cap space to use. Why not use it on a playmaker? He won't get what he thinks hes worth, but we can give him a smidget more to sure up our LB core. Would look nice at ROLB.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ah, fellas? We have like 5 million in cap space to use. Why not use it on a playmaker? He won't get what he thinks hes worth, but we can give him a smidget more to sure up our LB core. Would look nice at ROLB.

Id definetely like him here, and BP drafted him so its not impossible, but if he wants a ton I dotn see it happening.

Plus odds are hes franchised IMO, so itd take some picks

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I agree if the price is not to high but I would still like a young'un drafted instead

DMOB

Reaction score
I'm sure the foreskins will pick him up, they definetly need a de.

JPM

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather see us spend the money on a good lineman or two.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I don't want him. He's a talent, but he wants to be paid and there's no guarantee he'll give you his best effort. His production is down. Let someone else over spend.

50cent

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I don't want him. He's a talent, but he wants to be paid and there's no guarantee he'll give you his best effort. His production is down. Let someone else over spend.
We bump heads on something? The entire NYJ football team production is down. When I see their games I actually see a team less imaginative than ours. He hasn't really played bad, cause he is seeing lots of Double teams. He won't get the big pay day he is looking for. Teams won't forget his sitting to stay healthy approach and this years stats. I do think he will get fair market value and we can get him for that and make sure he is healthy with our LB rotation. Gotta go to work, see yall later!

Reaction score
We actually have more than 5 million in cap room. The skins have less than us so I wouldn't think they'll be a factor. BP drafted Abraham so I believe will get his best