John Clayton on 103.3 on the game

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
No need to go into any real particulars, as Beaker never knows more than the local reporters. But it was funny that once again, he was acting like we were a HUGE underdog. He even compared us to the Bills last week, saying we might have a chance if the Pats get overconfident and everything happened to break right for us. Like Mooch the other day on NFLN, he was already acting like the Colts were the only team with a chance to beat New England.

Once again, it's odd to me that before Monday night, this game was being touted as a huge battle between two of the three best teams in the league. Now, since we barely beat the Bills, it's like we're just another scrub waiting to be steamrolled.

I mean, come on. They have a great team and have killed everyone so far, but we aren't chopped liver... And we are at home.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1699166 said:
No need to go into any real particulars, as Beaker never knows more than the local reporters. But it was funny that once again, he was acting like we were a HUGE underdog. He even compared us to the Bills last week, saying we might have a chance if the Pats get overconfident and everything happened to break right for us. Like Mooch the other day on NFLN, he was already acting like the Colts were the only team with a chance to beat New England.

Once again, it's odd to me that before Monday night, this game was being touted as a huge battle between two of the three best teams in the league. Now, since we barely beat the Bills, it's like we're just another scrub waiting to be steamrolled.

I mean, come on. They have a great team and have killed everyone so far, but we aren't chopped liver... And we are at home.

I agree. The only thing that I see as a positive for the Pats is the simple fact that they have been together longer as a team and coaches. This is basically our first year together.

FCBarca

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1699193 said:
I agree. The only thing that I see as a positive for the Pats is the simple fact that they have been together longer as a team and coaches. This is basically our first year together.

You might want to add the fact that the core of that team (The Pats) have been through many a battle together...They've seen and done everything and against the best...Nothing can substitute for that kind of experience.

They're a cheating organization led by a unlikable coach but they deserve respect as an opponent...They are as good as advertised, don't be fooled by the powderpuff schedule.

Dallas beats NE, then a great feat...Yet, losing to them while being in it the entire time is no embarrassment either...They're much closer to a finished product than this team is...yet...Long season, this game won't decide anything in the final scenario...And like I've mentioned before, the Bills debacle was probably the best thing that could've happened leading into this game...No defeat will take the edge off the mentality of this club...Good things are ahead for the Cowboys

JPM

Reaction score
Please don't insult Beaker by comparing him to Clayton.

Beaker_muppet.jpg

trentmonster

Reaction score
If the game was on ESPN, Clayton and the other 'experts' would be singing a different tune.

trentmonster

Reaction score
JPM;1699220 said:
Please don't insult Beaker by comparing him to Clayton.

Beaker_muppet.jpg

Clayton is one of the few drawbacks to having an HDTV. Reminds me of a classic Beavis and Butthead episode where they were making fun of the lead singer of Krokus. Butthead: "Let's face it Beavis, his whole head sucks."

Wimbo

Reaction score
spread is 5.5. If Gazoo thinks it is a "huge underdog" situation, he should go to Vegas.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
We beat the Colts last year and where exactly did that get us in the playoffs?

Sure it would be nice to beat the Pats but our season isn't over if we lose and we don't win the superbowl if we win the game either.

Big game, yes. But a regular season game, thats all.

jman

Reaction score
Wimbo;1699257 said:
spread is 5.5. If Gazoo thinks it is a "huge underdog" situation, he should go to Vegas.

You kinda have to add or is that subtract the 3 that the home team usually gets...I never can remember these things. Not a betting man.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
listen what bothers me is we dont have a constant passrush...we cant just run on anyone and romo can go off the reservation against a team that didnt have 7 starters on defense...and lets not even talk about our secondary...too many holes to win it all...you just cant have that...are we good? yes , are we in the weak NFC? yes...can we win 12 in this weakened division? yes...but if we were in the AFC we would only win 9 games and maybe not make the playoffs...that is just who we are...sorry to say...I wish it was more...but that's all it is...

Wimbo

Reaction score
jman;1699431 said:
You kinda have to add or is that subtract the 3 that the home team usually gets...I never can remember these things. Not a betting man.

Dallas is the home team. If both teams are considered equal to each other, then Dallas would have -3 for the home team consideration. If this game were in NE, then the spread would probably be something are around 8.5.

Wimbo

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1699448 said:
listen what bothers me is we dont have a constant passrush...we cant just run on anyone and romo can go off the reservation against a team that didnt have 7 starters on defense...and lets not even talk about our secondary...too many holes to win it all...you just cant have that...are we good? yes , are we in the weak NFC? yes...can we win 12 in this weakened division? yes...but if we were in the AFC we would only win 9 games and maybe not make the playoffs...that is just who we are...sorry to say...I wish it was more...but that's all it is...

No. All we are is 5-0. Everything else is speculation.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
STSINAZ;1699448 said:

You are right about as much as Edunce ..... why should anyone listen to you?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1699166 said:

it doesnt bother me that much that people think we're a huge underdog now and probably cant win the game...I understand it, we played the Bills and barely won...they played them and blew them out...they've blown everyone out and have pretty much dominated their games from the kickoff onward, whereas its taken us till the 2nd half of our games to really get rolling

it isnt that we cant win the game, we certainly can...but I do understand why most would say they are a substancial favorite...if both teams play their best football, they probably will win...we need to play better than them to win the game...we need to have a turnover free game and hope we get a couple off them, and we probably have to make some big plays on them offensively, which means we have to give Romo good pass protection

even if we lose, I see us as a team that will be alot better later in the yr (assuming no more major injuries) because we're going to get some guys currently hurt back, as well as adding Tank Johnson to our DL...its entirely possible we could lose this weekend but beat them if we faced them again

David

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I believe it is going to be great...and I give us the home field advantage!

Q_the_man

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1699193 said:

I wouldn't say longer together as a team, maybe coaches, their RB is in his 2nd year, all their WRz are new, their Defense has been together just as long as ours, they have more stability at coaching and QB, OL otherwise we been together just as long, should be a good game. I think we win as long as we get a little pressure up the middle which I have yet to see on consistent basis...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We are only as good as Romo is. Dallas didn't play bad against the Bills, it was Romo. He is still learning on the job. Yes we also need to get our running game going early in games. Romo just needs to stop forcing everything to Witten and do what he did in that 4th quarter in the comeback. Throw it to the running backs, or Crayton if Witten and Owens are covered. The Browns were moving the ball on the Patriots the other day. They just couldn't get it in the endzone. We get Henry back (so I hear) and hopefully Keith Davis too.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
we are huge underdogs, as everyone thinks the Pats are the best thing to step on the field ever

but comparing us to the BIlls? c'mon

and saying crap like if the Pats are going to overlook us, we have a chance, last I checked we were 5-0, we're not that outmatched