Twitter: John Fassel on playing game with no punts

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don't get people like you. You do realize you could admit you were a fan of another and you wouldn't get banned or anything. Why pretend to be a fan? That's so weird and lame. Man up
Are you the authority on how to 'fan'?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don't get people like you. You do realize you could admit you were a fan of another and you wouldn't get banned or anything. Why pretend to be a fan? That's so weird and lame. Man up
He's a Cowboys fan, but he would rather be right about them being bad than actually see them win.

It's a dumb way to live, but he's not the only one lol

acr731

Reaction score
He's a Cowboys fan, but he would rather be right about them being bad than actually see them win.

It's a dumb way to live, but he's not the only one lol
LOL..... you know absolutely nothing about me or what I want. And what you think you know is wrong, but go ahead and keep believing it.

acr731

Reaction score
If you're not a Cowboys fan and you're just a troll, that's even worse.

Go ahead and pick, I don't really care.
Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing 'Mac_Malone' is a reference to a singer or something. If that's accurate my next guess would be that you are much younger than me, and with that I can say I have been a fan of the Cowboys far longer than you have been alive. For perspective, I remember watching the Staubach to Pearson 'Hail Mary' pass live when it happened. The Minnesota fans were so pissed that right after that play someone threw a glass bottle from the stands and beaned a ref.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing 'Mac_Malone' is a reference to a singer or something. If that's accurate my next guess would be that you are much younger than me, and with that I can say I have been a fan of the Cowboys far longer than you have been alive. For perspective, I remember watching the Staubach to Pearson 'Hail Mary' pass live when it happened. The Minnesota fans were so pissed that right after that play someone threw a glass bottle from the stands and beaned a ref.
Lol not even close.

You're an old Cowboys fan who simply complains about everything they do and thinks that throwing the ball is bad. You're just nostalgic for a Cowboys team that played in a league and a brand of football that hasn't existed for 20 years. You would rather be right in your misery than actually have fun rooting for them. Basically, you're my entire family.

Guarantee you don't cheer when they score, complain everytime they go for it on 4th down, and say "I told you they can't win with Dak" every time they lose a game. You people are entirely redundant.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ahhhh so the explanation is dementia then.

acr731

Reaction score
Lol not even close.

You're an old Cowboys fan who simply complains about everything they do and thinks that throwing the ball is bad. You're just nostalgic for a Cowboys team that played in a league and a brand of football that hasn't existed for 20 years. You would rather be right in your misery than actually have fun rooting for them. Basically, you're my entire family.

Guarantee you don't cheer when they score, complain everytime they go for it on 4th down, and say "I told you they can't win with Dak" every time they lose a game. You people are entirely redundant.
I blame Jerry far more than I do Dak, but you be you.

What's the brand of football you are referring to? Winning football? Championship football? I'm sorry if you don't know what that feels like, but there isn't a damn thing wrong with wanting to see the team return to a championship level.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I blame Jerry far more than I do Dak, but you be you.

What's the brand of football you are referring to? Winning football? Championship football? I'm sorry if you don't know what that feels like, but there isn't a damn thing wrong with wanting to see the team return to a championship level.
"They just played for the love of the game" football. "Establish the run" football. "Hit the QB every play" football. "Injuries aren't an excuse" football.

They are a championship level team. People like you do not understand how to contextualize success in the cap era. You evaluate things they do now based on what they would have done or how to build a team 40 years ago. Anything that works is an insult to everything you learned and was true in a league that no longer exists, so you're only happy when it doesn't work. $10 says you wouldn't even be happy if they won a SB, you would just complain it was unsustainable because they didn't run the ball enough.

acr731

Reaction score
"They just played for the love of the game" football. "Establish the run" football. "Hit the QB every play" football. "Injuries aren't an excuse" football.

They are a championship level team. People like you do not understand how to contextualize success in the cap era. You evaluate things they do now based on what they would have done or how to build a team 40 years ago. Anything that works is an insult to everything you learned and was true in a league that no longer exists, so you're only happy when it doesn't work. $10 says you wouldn't even be happy if they won a SB, you would just complain it was unsustainable because they didn't run the ball enough.
My memory escapes me, I've recently been accused of having dementia, you know, but I'm pretty sure this franchise hasn't played in a conference championship game or a super bowl since 1996. We clearly have different views of what constitutes a 'championship level team', and this current team isn't one yet. They still have 5 more games and the playoffs to get there. Only then can they be called one. Championship level teams don't consistently go one and done like Dallas has done for far too long.

Are you willing to raise that bet to $1000? $10,000? Again, you know nothing about me or any other fan like me. You're just making assumptions based off of my opinions. They're different than yours and you don't like that.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
San Fran just scored 42 points against the team Dallas faces in the next game, so it isn't like Philly looked like a defensive juggernaut.
My theory about San Fran's 3 game loss?

I think San Fran knows they will be going to the playoffs, and likely spent several weeks preparing for Dallas/Eagles during the three weeks they lost. They knew they could afford some losses, and were looking ahead to the playoffs.

Just my theory. But last week, they looked like the team I thought they'd look like last year... Very good roster and difficult team to plan for.