John Lovett, Matthew Colburn II, Deveon Smith, Jacob Saylors UFL running backs

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Are all the players in the UFL free agents when their season ends?
These are the top running backs. They range from 24 to 29.
I say take a flyer on one, put them in the competition mix. It worked last year at kicker and returner. I know RB is different but RB is one of the most "plug and play" positions.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I say take a flyer on one, put them in the competition mix. It worked last year at kicker and returner. I know RB is different but RB is one of the most "plug and play" positions.
I'm not opposed to it, but can't say they would be any better than what we've got.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to it, but can't say they would be any better than what we've got.
My thoughts exactly. I wouldnt be mad about it at all, but the odds of these guys making an NFL roster is slim. Even if they do I think there should be some serious concerns about having a RB on the roster in their mid to late 20s who is playing two professional seasons in one year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think we have too many backs here now, it's good to have all these backs here when you have an actual Starter to give that starter rest in camp etc, but man we have all these backs because we don't know who's going to be the top dog

shabazz

Reaction score
I think we have too many backs here now, it's good to have all these backs here when you have an actual Starter to give that starter rest in camp etc, but man we have all these backs because we don't know who's going to be the top dog
Agree....it's actually a burden to have so many starting RBs on our roster. I just hope we can find enough carries to keep these ballers satisfied.....sheesh.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Agree....it's actually a burden to have so many starting RBs on our roster. I just hope we can find enough carries to keep these ballers satisfied.....sheesh.
Just read a little story on the guy we picked up that played for Oregon in college, sounds comparable to Dowdle but maybe better

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
These guys are just going to get done playing a ten week UFL season (more for playoff teams), get about a month and a half of rest, and then go to an NFL training camp?

I mean I know KaVantae Turpin did it, but he was a not heavily used as a rookie outside of ST. With a running back it's a lot more wear and tear.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No, however I believe they can be bought out of their contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We are not looking for a top dog. We are looking for 3 dogs, that hopefully complement each other.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
These guys are just going to get done playing a ten week UFL season (more for playoff teams), get about a month and a half of rest, and then go to an NFL training camp?

I mean I know KaVantae Turpin did it, but he was a not heavily used as a rookie outside of ST. With a running back it's a lot more wear and tear.
We also got our kicker from the USFL/UFL. It's worth bringing in some camp bodies as you never know what will turn up.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Agreed, but maybe practice squad that could be brought up later?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We also got our kicker from the USFL/UFL. It's worth bringing in some camp bodies as you never know what will turn up.
I agree but kicker is a lot different from running back. Any running back coming off a ten week season is going to be pretty physically spent going right into an NFL training camp one month later. It's like making a college running back to start getting hit again in March.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Agreed, but maybe practice squad that could be brought up later?
^^^I really like this idea.

If a UFL RB did make the 53 he still could be ok because of the Cowboys Committee approach.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well...we know Zeke ain;t getting the bulk in tc/ps. 4-5 guys fighting for the other 2 spots doesn't seem unreasonable...especially TC.