Twitter: John Lynch and Kevin Burkhardt to announce Cowboys game on Sun

tm1119

Reaction score
Why do so many Cowboys fans have that "woe is me, everybody hates us" mentality? It's really annoying. The NFL, other owners around the league, the refs, and now even commentators all hate the Cowboys and are out to get us...

I'd take Buck/Aikman over Collingsworth and Phil Sims (and whoever they are with) any day.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think they are the best duo on fox.

Wish they did all our games. Kevin Burkhardt should be in the number 1 chair somewhere.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I'm sure there's many on board with you but doubt they're going to be real candid about the team because they're paid not only to call the game but to be very supportive of the team. If they think Garrett is doing a poor job of coaching they'll be keeping that to themselves. Personally, I would rather here honest opinions from those who aren't getting paid to cover the Cowboys. The problem with Cowboy FANS is they think any harsh opinion of the team is bent on dislike for the origination. A couple of years ago Michael's and Collinsworth were being labeled Cowboy haters for some comments they made about the team during a Sunday Night telecast.

Except brad and babe are critical all the time.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Reduced? Heck this is a promotion over Buck & Troy.
Exactly. I can't stand Buck and I don't know why that would be a big deal. I just wanna win and whoever's calling the game is the last thing that I'm worrying about

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To each his own, Id much rather hear a Cowboys oriented broadcast anyday....of course they come across as homers, just like any other teams' radio announcers as they should, but its not like theyre sittin around sayin "Jerry is the man and he can do no wrong, and by association, Garrett also!" .....

and anybody is better than Troy "oh I better not appear to be sympathetic to the Cowboys" Aikman or Joe "I hate the Cowboys but have to pretend to hide it for my job's sake" Buck......

I would rather hear our homers during preseason than the opponents homers. One good thing about hearing the announcers who cover the Cowboys is they usually get their facts straight about the team unlike the National broadcasting teams. Not even Aikman gets his facts straight about the Cowboys. Just last week he commented that the Cowboys OL is better at pass protection than run blocking and that's not true. Our OL as do most great OL's build their reputation with run blocking.

It was Murray's 1800+ yards in 2014 that had everyone calling our OL the best in the league. The Steelers are claiming their OL is the best in the league due to their run blocking. A few years ago Aikman said after a Miles Austin drop that it was rare for him to drop a ball because he normally has great hands which was completely false. Austin was known as "hands of stone" around cowboyszone due to all the drops he had.

ineedacaddy

Reaction score
I would rather hear our homers during preseason than the opponents homers. One good thing about hearing the announcers who cover the Cowboys is they usually get their facts straight about the team unlike the National broadcasting teams. Not even Aikman gets his facts straight about the Cowboys. Just last week he commented that the Cowboys OL is better at pass protection than run blocking and that's not true. Our OL as do most great OL's build their reputation with run blocking.

It was Murray's 1800+ yards in 2014 that had everyone calling our OL the best in the league. The Steelers are claiming their OL is the best in the league due to their run blocking. A few years ago Aikman said after a Miles Austin drop that it was rare for him to drop a ball because he normally has great hands which was completely false. Austin was known as "hands of stone" around cowboyszone due to all the drops he had.

You seriously think you know more about football than a HOF QB? I have been a Cowboys fan for 42 years, and our fan base becomes more delusional every year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You seriously think you know more about football than a HOF QB? I have been a Cowboys fan for 42 years, and our fan base becomes more delusional every year.

Even a HOF QB can get their facts wrong or have an opinion that stats don't support. Troy said our OL was better at pass protection than run blocking and I doubt you'll find many who agree with that. He based his comment on Sundays game where Zeke was getting stuffed and Dak wasn't being sacked. Every glowing comment about the Cowboys OL the past 2 years has been about its run blocking. Our run blocking was so outstanding in 2014 it had everyone thinking that any back could do what Murray was doing. The OL got so much credit for Murray's success it contributed to the Cowboys allowing him to walk and going with McFadden and Randle.

The media and talking heads were raving about our run blocking. Someone posted an OL ranking and the Cowboys were ranked #1 in run blocking and #5 in pass protection. Romo was sacked 29 times in 2014 in 15 games. He got sacked 5 times by the Commanders that season resulting in another back injury. He's gotten pretty beat up the past 2 seasons, some of its been on him and some of it has been due to our pass protection. Free has been a liability in pass protection due to not being able to contend with an edge rush.

Our pass protection may have been good on Sunday but pass protection hasn't been our OL's strong point. As for Aikman's comment that Miles Austin had great hands that was laughable! Austin dropped a lot of balls with the Cowboys his hands were inconsistent. Troy doesn't watch the Cowboys like we do, he's busy covering different teams every week. Some of us here eat, sleep and **** Cowboys football 24/7 365 days a year.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don't know if that's true anymore. It's possible the CBS broadcast surpassed FOX at some point.

I just can't get on board with CBS.

It's just a personal preference.

The broadcast appeal is just lacking and it seems like they always ressurect old storylines about us because they just aren't familiar with our team.

I remember one of their crews talking about hitting the scoreboard on punts as a concern... Like 4 years after the stadium opened.

Just stuff like that.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I wish we could get that broadcast here in hawaii.

You can. Download the cowboys app or log onto the team website and listen to it. You don't need to have a radio affiliate anymore.

The kicker with the app though is that it is way behind the broadcast.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
You can. Download the cowboys app or log onto the team website and listen to it. You don't need to have a radio affiliate anymore.

The kicker with the app though is that it is way behind the broadcast.
I'll do that. Thanks!