John Mara says league needs to look at catch, PI rules: PFT

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't trust Mara. He is saying that the rules are flawed and that it needs to be fixed. The rules are just fine. The CALL to overturn the catch is the one that is FLAWED.

The media is trying to justify that its the Calvin Johnson rule. This is nothing like the Calvin Johnson rule. Bryant did everything by the book in catching that ball. The question should be asked why was it overturned and what overwhelming evidence did they see that was used to overturn it?

Like I said, Calvin Johnson rule does not apply here. This was a catch pure and simple. Shame of the NFL for trying to divert this from the truth by saying its the RULES fault.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Since before Dez even removed his shoulder pads after the game, the league has been trying to justify the overturn by:

1) making it mesh with some rule as best they can
2) saying nothing about the ruling on the field

and Mara's statement includes those two familiar elements, while adding how "uncomfortable" he is, and how "the rule needs to be looked at again."

What rule? It's just more of the same.

Danger

Reaction score
Who cares what Mara's reasons are. If his input gets the bogus rule changed then I'm all for it.