Johnny Cry Me A River Manziel

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I love it he admits he doesn’t know Xs and Os and was to lazy to watch film and no one at the Browns would help him. Well dang they drafted you to be a professional (pretty stupid on their part) so why don’t you take on yourself and learn or find someone to teach you lots of QB gurus out there.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I remember telling my bro-in-law before he was drafted how they taught him nothing at A&M,it was just a chuck it up and play yard ball. He was an aggie so he homered so much over Johnny Street Ball. Of course I also said he was a no good punk and it wasn't all just coaches fault, you can imagine what a Johnny hype-warrior thought of me before that draft.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Dude is flat out broke after wasting his fortune on booze, drugs, and *****es.

John813

Reaction score
I love it he admits he doesn’t know Xs and Os and was to lazy to watch film and no one at the Browns would help him. Well dang they drafted you to be a professional (pretty stupid on their part) so why don’t you take on yourself and learn or find someone to teach you lots of QB gurus out there.

While I'll agree that he shares a lot of the blame, the team also needed to do better asset management and at least have some staffer help him cause they spent a premium pick on him. Then again, maybe they are just used to picking busts in the first round and didn't care that their QB didn't watch film.
"If he dies, he dies" lol

jrumann59

Reaction score
to tell you the truth I would bet most of the young QBs coming into the NFL have an elementary grasp of X's and O's. I would also guess most are lazy when it comes to film watching because most probably did not need it or do it in college therefore do not know how to properly do it at the NFL level. Who was the Brown's QB coach he at the very least should have been there with all the QBs going over film and looking at the other teams keys. But maybe that is why the browns suck at QB development.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
While I'll agree that he shares a lot of the blame, the team also needed to do better asset management and at least have some staffer help him cause they spent a premium pick on him. Then again, maybe they are just used to picking busts in the first round and didn't care that their QB didn't watch film.
I agree the Browns are part to blame that why I said pretty stupid on their part. Shouldn’t of drafted him unless they had a plan. I sure am glad they did not sure Stephen could of held off Jerry in the second round.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
to tell you the truth I would bet most of the young QBs coming into the NFL have an elementary grasp of X's and O's. I would also guess most are lazy when it comes to film watching because most probably did not need it or do it in college therefore do not know how to properly do it at the NFL level. Who was the Brown's QB coach he at the very least should have been there with all the QBs going over film and looking at the other teams keys. But maybe that is why the browns suck at QB development.

It has gotten worse with the system the colleges run. Those look at the sideline offense really put a QB behind and don’t develop him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A couple things to note here.
The Browns have had more 1st round busts the past decade than basically the NFCE combined.
That says something.

A party boy QB who had no intention of doing more than showing up late and drunk was never gonna work.

The Browns paid 100k for the investigation into Manziel that said 'DO NOT TOUCH' and they ignored that data and drafted him anyway.

As bad as Manziel was, the team was a bit better with him then without him.

In short Manziel is the Browns of the QB position.
Both are bottom feeders.

Manziel may end up a value for some team at some point because no one is paying him above minimum to play football anytime soon.

zerofill

Reaction score

The Browns don't care... if they pick a first rounder that is a bust, they always have the first pick next draft.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
A couple things to note here.
The Browns have had more 1st round busts the past decade than basically the NFCE combined.
That says something.

A party boy QB who had no intention of doing more than showing up late and drunk was never gonna work.

The Browns paid 100k for the investigation into Manziel that said 'DO NOT TOUCH' and they ignored that data and drafted him anyway.

As bad as Manziel was, the team was a bit better with him then without him.

In short Manziel is the Browns of the QB position.
Both are bottom feeders.

Manziel may end up a value for some team at some point because no one is paying him above minimum to play football anytime soon.

Probably more busy than the other 31 teams combined. I think I counted 24 first rounders since they came back and only Thomas has lived up to his draft position. Last years picks are still to be determined but even 15 and 16 look like wasted picks. They are so bad they might could turn Barkley and Nelson into busts.

diefree666

Reaction score
I keep thinking there must be some kind of curse on the Browns since they come back; like the curse of Babe Ruth was on the Red Sox for what 80 years?

Because it is mind boggling that through so many GMs and Coaches no one seems to be able to get anything done.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Probably more busy than the other 31 teams combined. I think I counted 24 first rounders since they came back and only Thomas has lived up to his draft position. Last years picks are still to be determined but even 15 and 16 look like wasted picks. They are so bad they might could turn Barkley and Nelson into busts.
Yup.
Johnny Manziel was a bust waiting to happen but the Browns coulda messed up Troy Aikman.

I think it's fair for Johnny to say man I went to the wrong team and situation.
But also fair to say maybe there wasn't a right situation for a guy who was so willfully unprofessional and immature.

Would Manziel have succeeded under Bill B? I am inclined to think so but I think he woulda bombed BIG TIME here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
never time to do it right but plenty of time to do it over, and over, and over again.....
If I HAD TO buy the Browns I'd immediately trade off picks for a proven Team Builder like Belichick.
You are blowing them with staff in house anyways.
At some point you gotta maxmize value of picks you have.