Johnny Manziel

Romonater

Reaction score
when manziel was drafted, I said Johnny would be a good backup qb for the nfl if he is out with the right supporting cast. I think Dak would be a good mentor for a guy like mentor. The system makes the most system for a guy like manziel as well. It doesn’t quite flow well if cooper has to take the reigns, considering he’s more of a throwback pocket passer. Manziel received glowing reports from his pro day today and appears to have his head straight.

What do you think? I’m usually one of the guys that pokes fun on this board when a poster is begging for a certain free agent the moment they are available, but I do believe this is a need and it has the potential for a high reward.

diefree666

Reaction score
when manziel was drafted, I said Johnny would be a good backup qb for the nfl if he is out with the right supporting cast. I think Dak would be a good mentor for a guy like mentor. The system makes the most system for a guy like manziel as well. It doesn’t quite flow well if cooper has to take the reigns, considering he’s more of a throwback pocket passer. Manziel received glowing reports from his pro day today and appears to have his head straight.

What do you think? I’m usually one of the guys that pokes fun on this board when a poster is begging for a certain free agent the moment they are available, but I do believe this is a need and it has the potential for a high reward.
there are cheaper and less risky alternatives.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
is this for real? That guy should never play football again, ever. he is a waste of space and no, Back up qB is not a NEED, we have our backup starting for crying out loud. We need a starter, not a back up.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Seek medical treatment for apparent head injury immediately!

The Natural

Reaction score
I would draft Lamar Jackson before signing Manziel, and this is in no way a slight towards the former.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That guy should never play football again, ever. he is a waste of space and no, Back up qB is not a NEED, we have our backup starting for crying out loud. We need a starter, not a back up.

While I don't think he should come here (We don't have the leadership he needs). I do not agree that he should never play football again. If he has truly cleaned up his act, then I think there's a place for him. He's humbled himself some. He's throwing at pro days in front of scouts, he's playing in the Spring League, and he's saying/doing the right things. Now, he should be a on a very short leash, but he is taking the necessary steps to come back.

and we do need a back-up. Cooper Rush is all hopes and dreams, he hasn't proven a thing.

diefree666

Reaction score
While I don't think he should come here (We don't have the leadership he needs). I do not agree that he should never play football again. If he has truly cleaned up his act, then I think there's a place for him. He's humbled himself some. He's throwing at pro days in front of scouts, he's playing in the Spring League, and he's saying/doing the right things. Now, he should be a on a very short leash, but he is taking the necessary steps to come back.

and we do need a back-up. Cooper Rush is all hopes and dreams, he hasn't proven a thing.
and Manziel has?

conner01

Reaction score
is this for real? That guy should never play football again, ever. he is a waste of space and no, Back up qB is not a NEED, we have our backup starting for crying out loud. We need a starter, not a back up.
I wouldn’t bet he never plays again
But I wouldn’t be the team that gave him that shot

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think the PR risk would keep Dallas from doing it even if Manziel has cleaned up his act. He burned his NFL bridges and its tough to rebuild your reputation, if he even really wants to.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

Not interested in the least bit. Why would you want the circus that would come with signing a high profile loser like him? Be a great way to divide the locker room. Then you have a young impressionable QB like Dak looking over his shoulder while the media speculates about when he will be replaced. This might be a dumber idea than the trade Zack Martin thread I just read.