Johnny Manziel

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
when manziel was drafted, I said Johnny would be a good backup qb for the nfl if he is out with the right supporting cast. I think Dak would be a good mentor for a guy like mentor. The system makes the most system for a guy like manziel as well. It doesn’t quite flow well if cooper has to take the reigns, considering he’s more of a throwback pocket passer. Manziel received glowing reports from his pro day today and appears to have his head straight.

What do you think? I’m usually one of the guys that pokes fun on this board when a poster is begging for a certain free agent the moment they are available, but I do believe this is a need and it has the potential for a high reward.
Dak could mentor him? As if Dak has a lot of extra time?
As if Dak could herlp him when 1,000 coaches, fans, family and teammates could not reach him?
Not only no, bloke, but heck no!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If Johnny can still play Canada will take him.
and playing a year in Canada is probably the right move for him. He is tailor-made for their style and he will bring a ton of attention to the CFL. If he plays well and stays out of trouble, it would be mush easier sell-job for NFL franchises.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when manziel was drafted, I said Johnny would be a good backup qb for the nfl if he is out with the right supporting cast. I think Dak would be a good mentor for a guy like mentor. The system makes the most system for a guy like manziel as well. It doesn’t quite flow well if cooper has to take the reigns, considering he’s more of a throwback pocket passer. Manziel received glowing reports from his pro day today and appears to have his head straight.

What do you think? I’m usually one of the guys that pokes fun on this board when a poster is begging for a certain free agent the moment they are available, but I do believe this is a need and it has the potential for a high reward.
Why not, put him on the practice squad, if we can. Let him prove himself. I have a family member that suffers from bipolar. He was a party animal and got help in his mid twenties. He has become a productive member of society. Maybe Johnny got the help he needed.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Who needs a back up when we have Cooper Rush, the next Tone Rome, ready to deliver 8-8 seasons?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
there are so many posters intent on destroying this organization. ITs bad enough we have the Joneses, now we have our own fans wanting us gone.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Everyone makes mistakes in life, and some take longer than others to grow up. Looks like Johnny is finally growing up and taking life seriously. Do you have a link showcasing his Pro Day performance of late?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
He was suspended 4 games for violation of the league' drug policy. I don't know if he served that suspension while unemployed though. (I think he has to be under contract).

He also had the domestic violence incident. Charges were dropped after he took anger management classes, but that DV thing still lingers. LIkely 6 games.

So even if you sign him cheap, you may not even have him on the team for anywhere from possibly 4 or 6 or up to 10 games.

football aside, he's not worth it.

football-wise... still not worth it

vaturkey

Reaction score
5rBdBgZ.png

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a force of chaos, and we don't need him.