Joker Trailer

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe it is entirely safe to say this movie is DOA for the 'It's too dark!' audience. :laugh:

Warner Bros/DC is going the origin route again. I really wished Heath Ledger had lived long enough to have attempted it. Joaquin Phoenix will put the weird into the character but is he TOO weird for The Joker?

EDIT: Chalk up another Zazie Beetz appearance. I have enjoyed her in other movies. She is now an official Marvel/DC character crossover actor, having played Domino in Deadpool 2.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe it is entirely safe to say this movie is DOA for the 'It's too dark!' audience. :laugh:

Warner Bros/DC is going the origin route again. I really wished Heath Ledger had lived long enough to have attempted it. Joaquin Phoenix will put the weird into the character but is he TOO weird for The Joker?

EDIT: Chalk up another Zazie Beetz appearance. I have enjoyed her in other movies. She is now an official Marvel/DC character crossover actor, having played Domino in Deadpool 2.
Cool, I liked her. I'm at physical therapy right now, but I look forward to watching the trailer when I get the chance.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like what I see. This looks to be another step in the right direction for the DCEU. The further away we get from Zack Snyder, the better things get.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaoquin Phoenix is going to knock this out of the park. Holy majoly.
My brain says you will be correct. Phoenix has the acting chops for creating the evolution of a sarcastic pathological mass murdering mastermind.

My worry is that he might make the character 'too obscure' for the mainstream audience to process. Ledger pulled it off with perfection in my opinion. I am confident Phoenix will do so as well. He is extremely detail-oriented with his character presentation.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
My brain says you will be correct. Phoenix has the acting chops for creating the evolution of a sarcastic pathological mass murdering mastermind.

My worry is that he might make the character 'too obscure' for the mainstream audience to process. Ledger pulled it off with perfection in my opinion. I am confident Phoenix will do so as well. He is extremely detail-oriented with his character presentation.

When watching this trailer, it didn’t feel like I was watching a comic book movie trailer at all. It felt like I was watching the trailer for a psychological thriller. Concerns about obscurity might be vaild, but that’s fine by me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When watching this trailer, it didn’t feel like I was watching a comic book movie trailer at all. It felt like I was watching the trailer for a psychological thriller. Concerns about obscurity might be vaild, but that’s fine by me.
That was my vibe as well. Director Todd Phillips looks like he has taken a page from the Christopher Nolan / The Dark Knight handbook.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC needs a reboot and his portrayal of The Joker is going to give them that. The beauty of Joaquim Phoenix is that he's already got enough weird vibe around him to really makes this interesting.

I like the vibe of it's not just about his corruption but the corruption that Gotham brings to everyone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC needs a reboot and his portrayal of The Joker is going to give them that. The beauty of Joaquim Phoenix is that he's already got enough weird vibe around him to really makes this interesting.

I like the vibe of it's not just about his corruption but the corruption that Gotham brings to everyone.
Bold> :hammer:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was my vibe as well. Director Todd Phillips looks like he has taken a page from the Christopher Nolan / The Dark Knight handbook.

Yes, but a legit page, and not the Snyder wannabe version.

I admit to being worried whether or not they could pull off a villain-centered film, but it looks like they did, this looks compelling.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I like what I see. This looks to be another step in the right direction for the DCEU. The further away we get from Zack Snyder, the better things get.
I'm pretty sure this isn't really a part of the universe. It's just it's own thing completely separate from the world of the other movies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, from the trailer, this looks like the best thing DC has put out.
Agree, that actually has me thinking about paying full price and going to the theater to deal with the deaf whisperers, popcorn box rustlers and candy wrapper rattlers.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Looks like a very interesting take on the character. I am super intrigued. Didn't expect the trailer to have that type of "tone" to it. I think it looks like one of the most unique comic movie adaptations ever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but a legit page, and not the Snyder wannabe version.

I admit to being worried whether or not they could pull off a villain-centered film, but it looks like they did, this looks compelling.
Yes. I was specifically referring to the 2008's The Dark Knight, which Nolan did the screenplay and, most importantly, directed. No Snyder influence. ;)

I can only wonder if Ledger might have been carry a solo Joker film himself if the project had ever been created. Of course, it would have been a good thing if Nolan had directed him in it also--without any Snyder ties. :) My guess is a solid yes but he never had that opportunity. Ledger's death still haunts me from a fan's perspective. :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, from the trailer, this looks like the best thing DC has put out.
I will be patient and see. For me, 'the best thing DC has put out' includes any film associated with DC characters even outside the DCEU.movies. In my opinion, The Dark Knight remains the best DC film, with Ledger's performance being a large part of my reasoning.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
This looks like it will be either really good or really bad.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm pretty sure this isn't really a part of the universe. It's just it's own thing completely separate from the world of the other movies.
I would agree since it appears to be an origin movie unto itself. There would not be any reason to tie it with 'future' Joker appearances, like Leto's Suicide Squad appearance for example.