Joker Trailer

joseephuss

Reaction score
I loathed Leto as Joker. Horrible portrayal of the character. He is a damn good actor too. I'm excited to see Leto in Morbius, another DC movie in production. DC has been killing it lately.

I thought Morbius was a Marvel character. I'm not familiar with this character at all.

This Joke trailer looks interesting. I agree it doesn't look like a comic book movie at all, but more like a psychological thriller.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hated his portrayal. He seemed like he was trying to outcrazy Ledger.
I loathed Leto as Joker. Horrible portrayal of the character. He is a damn good actor too. I'm excited to see Leto in Morbius, another DC movie in production. DC has been killing it lately.
My feelings for Leto's take on the character was not as harsh but I was disappointed. Ledger set in foundation on an accurate Bob Kane type representation of The Joker. Sinister. Calculating. Devoid of empathy. Utterly ruthless.

Leto seemed a tick or two behind in commiting the persona's traits for the camera. I thought his best scene was his 'recruitment' of the prison guard. His interaction with Margot Robbie were fresh in my opinion, although I though Robbie CLEARLY outshined him throughout Suicide Squad.

GMO415

Reaction score
Can't believe Jaoquin Phoenix lost that much weight!

You would think a Joker movie would have the highest body count....

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I thought Morbius was a Marvel character. I'm not familiar with this character at all.

This Joke trailer looks interesting. I agree it doesn't look like a comic book movie at all, but more like a psychological thriller.

Yep my bad I got completely tangled up there! I was thinking of Leto as Joker and completely forgot Sony now has its own "Spider-Verse" in association with Marvel.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yes!!!! I had high hopes and thus far the trailer has delivered. I'm a big fan (as you may be able to tell from my avatar). Ledger left some immensely huge shoes to fill, and like many in this thread, I wasn't convinced by Leto's portrayal. Phoenix just may have what it takes, and dang, did he shed some pounds!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I hated his portrayal. He seemed like he was trying to outcrazy Ledger.

Leto’s Joker seemed like the Joker a 14 year old emo girl from 2006 would come up with.