Jones And Phillips Disagree With Report Of Dallas Discord

Reaction score
JONES AND PHILLIPS DISAGREE WITH REPORT OF DALLAS DISCORD

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2008, 12:54 p.m. EST
On Friday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Wade Phillips expressed disagreement with the report that receiver Terrell Owens’ paranoia regarding his role in the offense has resulted in T.O. believing that quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten are meeting secretly to come up with ways of keeping the ball away from Owens.
Phillips said at a Friday press conference that he doesn’t think the report is true.
In a weekly Dallas radio spot, Jones said that the series of meetings this week between offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and Owens and receivers Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams was nothing out of the ordinary.
[Owens is] interested in the ball to win the game,” Jones said in the radio appearance, via ESPN.com. ”He knows if he can get the ball, we have a better chance to win the game. We all agree with that.”
Jones met with Owens on Thursday, and Jones contends that Owens didn’t address the player’s alleged belief that he’s not getting a fair shake. “Not that [Owens] feels slighted or he feels like there’s some type of favoritism going on,” Jones said.
In quotes from the radio spot appearing at the Dallas Morning News, Jones was even more pointed and clear in his comments.
There is no issue between the players. None,” Jones said. “I’m underlining none. I f you could be out there right this minute, or right out there today, you’ll see these players. They’re co-captains. You’ll see these guys — Witten, Owens, Bradie James — you’ll see these guys talking it up and getting ready for a ballgame Sunday.”
(A cynical mind might conclude that ESPN.com omitted these comments from Jones because they directly and unequivocally contradict the original report from Ed Werder.)
Did anyone expect Phillips or Jones to do anything other than deny the report? The head coach is an absentee landlord, and Jones is the mad scientist who threw a pinch of Owens into the pot of Super Bowl gumbo that the Cowboys has been simmering since 1995.
For even more on why we think Owens clearly is the problem, and why Jones is to blame for the overall mess, we give you our latest offering for SportingNews.com.

CoCo

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484358 said:
So exactly where does it show they disagree?

They don't disagree ABOUT the report, they disagree WITH the report, so they in fact are in agreement.

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484358 said:

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo
They don't disagree ABOUT the report, they disagree WITH the report, so they in fact are in agreement.

what he said.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
CoCo;2484364 said:

:laugh1:

Thnx

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484358 said:

They both disagree with what has been reported. Lets just hope that this is no big deal and the players are getting themselfs ready for the upcoming game

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484358 said:
Not with each other. They unitedly disagree that there is discord.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
paranoia regarding his role in the offense has resulted in T.O. believing that quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten are meeting secretly to come up with ways of keeping the ball away from Owens.

that's where I stopped reading.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I think the issue is between the WR's and Garrett, not with Romo, they just don't seem to like the playcalling.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2484380 said:
I made the same mistake when I first read the title.
It's a poorly written headline.

Maybe the disinguished Mr. Rhodes picked up a second job?

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
I wonder if that meeting between TO, Romo and T-New has taken place on the practice field?

zeromaster

Reaction score
Let me just be the first of many to point out that Florio disagrees with the disagreement of the discord. And a shameless plug at the end.

Nothing new. I am waiting for the day that some media organization fouls up so completely and gets popped for it in such a way that even the freedom of speech argument doesn't help. We are getting closer every day.
:eek:hboy:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2484538 said:
So now they are lying? Only Ed Werder tells the truth in your world, huh?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Ya gotta admit, that Nixon comment was pretty funny.