Jones Four pillars of running the Dallas Cowboys

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wait, I just read in the zone that we shouldn't question the Joneses. We are "maniacal" ....therefore, unworthy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I waved my white flag years ago. There’s really no reason to take this franchise seriously anymore when it comes to football . It’s all about the entertainment value. It’s amazing we’re competitive at all.
And you're always going to have a large portion of fans that will buy anything Jerry is selling.

As long as we're somewhat competitive in the regular season they will buy in hook, line, and sinker every single year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well then, what have Jerry's defenders accomplished in the last 26 years? See how that works!!!!!!!!!!
bingo. He has MANY MANY enablers that he has basically groomed and when we reach a point when people are pushing back against us fans for wanting to ask reasonable questions and getting better results, we know things might be worse than feared.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Well then, what have Jerry's defenders accomplished in the last 26 years? See how that works!!!!!!!!!!
Pitchforks or no pitchforks all we can do is hope they get lucky. The East is weak, but so is the whole NFC. The Rams and Bucks are the only teams we should look out for. If the playoffs fall just right we'll only have to face one of those teams. So we beat one real challenger then we're in the SB.

Like I said, the only thing we can do is hope they get lucky.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And you're always going to have a large portion of fans that will buy anything the Jerry is selling.

As long as we're somewhat competitive in the regular season they will buy in hook, line, and sinker every single year.
I think we might actually have a small handful in the zone that work for the team or been paid to be shills. I can come to no other conclusion because 0 rational fan in their right mind can defend the last 26 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you're always going to have a large portion of fans that will buy anything the Jerry is selling.

That’s what happens when you have casual and wagon fans from all over the country and the world .

Motorola

Reaction score
The Joneses have said for years that there are four pillars to the family business of running the Dallas Cowboys: Tradition, Competition, Business, and Entertainment.

iN6ijL3.jpg

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...06P61Hq5RhvBQAQdKJTky8jQHRmH6CLovOhgF_TL8aHC8
Tradition....well in one matter, the Joneses are thumbing their noses at that "pillar".
Dragging their feet in putting former head coach Johnson in the Cowboys Ring of Honor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think we might actually have a small handful in the zone that work for the team or been paid to be shills. I can come to no other conclusion because 0 rational fan in their right mind can defend the last 26 years.
Probably just homers. Somehow they justify they should be rooting for all of the moving pieces regardless of their contributions and results.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad to see our Jethro supporters have joined in. We are all so proud of your support for our owner. He’s doing a great job. Lol
3 SBs.....spoiled and ungrateful fans make me.laugh! Pencil pushers think it's so easy to win!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They believe that since their favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys they are then required to support every single move, player, coach, signing, and whatever else because if they do not then they are somehow, in their minds, less of a fan.

It's a sickness. They're basically suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tradition....well in one matter, the Joneses are thumbing their noses at that "pillar".
Dragging their feet in putting former head coach Johnson in the Cowboys Ring of Honor.
I think the fact Jimmy’s not in the ROH makes him even more popular and glorified.

Rayman70

Reaction score
3 SBs.....spoiled and ungrateful fans make me.laugh! Pencil pushers think it's so easy to win!
Its hard I agree with that. But its totally acceptable and reasonable for fans to expect better results after 26 years.Jerry still raising prices for games, so why shouldn't we have higher expectations as well? It works both ways. Even u know that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They believe that since their favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys they are then required to support every single move, player, coach, signing, and whatever else because if they do not then they are somehow, in their minds, less of a fan.

It's a sickness. They're basically suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
It's a sickness. They're basically suffering from Stockholm syndrome.<<<nailed it

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its all just tragic. Jerry could have been one of the most beloved figures in Cowboy history if he had just left the coaching and rosters to the football people. The man has left his mark on the game as evidenced by his gold jacket. But in Dallas, he will forever be known as an egomaniac who lead the team to its longest super bowl drought in its history.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I bashed how he ran Cowboys Football when we were winning those SB’s.

The only great thing Jethro did for Cowboys Football was hiring Jimmy. Since then all down hill.

I bet you hated parents and fans who cheered on their kids and school but booed how you coached.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bashed how he ran Cowboys Football when we were winning those SB’s.

The only great thing Jethro did for Cowboys Football was hiring Jimmy. Since then all down hill.

He wasn't running anything when Jimmy was around. Football operations was in Jimmy's contract and he was in effect the HC and GM , if not in title.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its hard I agree with that. But its totally acceptable and reasonable for fans to expect better results after 26 years.Jerry still raising prices for games, so why shouldn't we have higher expectations as well? It works both ways. Even u know that.
Hrs raising prices because the fans that hate him keep coming back.