Jones Four pillars of running the Dallas Cowboys

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I don't think winning is down the list of priorities. I just think that Jerry and his son are incompetent but their egos won't allow them to step back and let someone else take over. Jerry wants to be the one that brings the team back to glory. He doesn't want someone else getting all of the credit. It's the same reason for his divorce with Jimmy Johnson. Jerry couldn't stand that Jimmy was getting the credit. If he hired a GM and the Cowboys won a Superbowl then it would be a shot to his ego. In his delusional mind he thinks that he can get it done and doesn't think he is the problem.
I used to think like you too....up until this year. This offseason has opened my eyes. Getting rid of Cooper for next to nothing and cutting your RT for absolutely nothing..... needless moves that accomplished nothing other then saving $$$$. Winning is secondary to them, if not tertiary.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bashed how he ran Cowboys Football when we were winning those SB’s.

The only great thing Jethro did for Cowboys Football was hiring Jimmy. Since then all down hill.

I bet you hated parents and fans who cheered on their kids and school but booed how you coached.
I never heard them....I was too busy coaching....plus, I didn't have many detractors and those that didn't like me would hide behind a keyboard and I never read those forums. I have no problem being held accountable.....I just don't like like fans that keep crying about the same crap over and over and over again. Btw, who would like fans that keep whining.....would you? Apparently, you can't take it cause you keep coming back with your hate

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Joneses have said for years that there are four pillars to the family business of running the Dallas Cowboys: Tradition, Competition, Business, and Entertainment.

For Cowboys fans, winning football games is a simple matter of black and white. But they’ll likely be seeing red as the billionaires who run the silver and blue once again seem hell-bent on demonstrating that they care most about the green.

So any press conference that doesn’t directly address increasing wins and reducing losses will come across as tone-deaf at best.

iN6ijL3.jpg

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...06P61Hq5RhvBQAQdKJTky8jQHRmH6CLovOhgF_TL8aHC8
Well said!
The Jones are too much into entertainment and not enough into winning!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never heard them....I was too busy coaching....plus, I didn't have many detractors and those that didn't like me would hide behind a keyboard and I never read those forums. I have no problem being held accountable.....I just don't like like fans that keep crying about the same crap over and over and over again. Btw, who would like fans that keep whining.....would you? Apparently, you can't take it cause you keep coming back with your hate
Why would you continue supporting over and over again the same crap if it doesn’t work?

Some of us are trying to speak out to bring change. You apparently are ok with the same crap?

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would you continue supporting over and over again the same crap if it doesn’t work?

Some of us are trying to speak out to bring change. You apparently are ok with it with the same crap?
If I can't change it, I don't let it get to me. Jerry was very hospitality to me and my staff and I don't forget that. Do I wish he did better and hired a good GM.....of course, but I won't lose any sleep over it
..because it won't make a difference.

Motorola

Reaction score
The ROH with Jethro making the decisions has less value than it used to.
Rather have the decision for selecting players and coaches include qualified people who have covered the team \ franchise for a period of time (past and present) ---not just left up to Jones.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If I can't change it, I don't let it get to me. Jerry was very hospitality to me and my staff and I don't forget that. Do I wish he did better and hired a good GM.....of course, but I won't lose any sleep over it
..because it won't make a difference.
Understood but for some of us it does get to us. It’s the only way we can tolerate is to kick and scream.

Unfortunately our efforts may not make a difference but we can’t let that deter us. We must at least keep him squirming to answer the tough questions as best we can. Totally giving in just makes it easier on him.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
bingo. He has MANY MANY enablers that he has basically groomed and when we reach a point when people are pushing back against us fans for wanting to ask reasonable questions and getting better results, we know things might be worse than feared.
You planning an insurrection? No...then hope is all you have. You hope Jerry is removed somehow. You hope we break through and win a SB.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They believe that since their favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys they are then required to support every single move, player, coach, signing, and whatever else because if they do not then they are somehow, in their minds, less of a fan.

It's a sickness. They're basically suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
I've never met a fan that supports every move. We as fans love to play GM, so everyone has a player they would have taken or would not have taken. Everyone has a contract they would not have given or a contract they would have given. So no one supports every move, if they would have done something different.

I would not have given Zeke his contract. I would not have given Tank his contract. And I would have let Romo get his job back in the 2016 playoffs. But Dallas is my team and I'm struck with them for life. So my post are more about the realization of my love for the Cowboys, than they are about my love for the FO.

Screw the front office...Go Cowboys.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Brax

Reaction score
Why wouldn't I support him, he owns my favorite team and I can't fire him.....Jerry haters, Zeke haters, Dak Haters etc....it takes a village! Lol
Sometimes pitchforks and torches work best when the village change leadership. Enjoy the wasted season, Jerry’s hobby business is fun for him and the rest doesn’t matter he owns the team and championships aren’t high on his business model it’s not one of the pillars.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes pitchforks and torches work best when the village change leadership. Enjoy the wasted season, Jerry’s hobby business is fun for him and the rest doesn’t matter he owns the team and championships aren’t high on his business model it’s not one of the pillars.
I will enjoy it...I feel bad for those that don't and keep coming back. Pretty sad....low self esteem, they don't don't think they can do better and are stuck in an abusive relationship....sad.....

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The Joneses holding a presser about their own business ventures under the monicker of the Dallas Cowboys is disgusting.

I’ve never been more convinced that they couldn’t care less about winning or any sort of tradition. It is absolutely all about entertainment and brand building.