Jones: Henson's knee injury not serious

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
According to The Associated Press, Jerry said it's a "day-to-day" injury and nothing serious.

aznhalf

Reaction score
Good news.

I hope they realize its only NFL Europe and don't try to rush him back too quickly though. Playing time is great but don't make any big risks.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great news, but it looked serious to me...obviously it bothered him alot and should have been pulled out of the game. I just hope he gets to finish the NFLE season, and finish it posititively.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, that's enough NFLE for me, I'd like to see him come home and be ready for mini camps. That's just me though.:)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
noshame said:
Nope, that's enough NFLE for me, I'd like to see him come home and be ready for mini camps. That's just me though.:)

I am with you there too, but if they do make it to World Bowl, I would like him to play that one. But at this point, I don't expect them to make it unless other teams lose one and Rhien wins rest of the two games.

But if Timmy plays both those games, I just don't see them making it. Because, with Chang, it seems like as many big plays he makes, he tends to make crucial mistakes to null the great ones he makes.

Like this past game, I don't know if it was the game plan or not, but the possesion they got before end of game, instead of trying to run the ball and do some dink and dunk stuff to eat clock, they fling it and give the ball back quickly with a bungled shot gun snap. I think if it was Henson, they would mostly be running and throwing short stuff to kill the clock, IMO, from what I saw.

Anyway, I hope they don't let him come back too soon from injury.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
But if Timmy plays both those games, I just don't see them making it. Because, with Chang, it seems like as many big plays he makes, he tends to make crucial mistakes to null the great ones he makes.

Sounds like a certain GB qb :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sprained MCL is a month-long injury (Troy had one in '91).

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
yeah i hope that game shuts up alot of henson should be the 2nd string people. i know he was a lil sore but when the EAGLES 4th stringer has to come in and get yer but outa the fire (and he would have 2 if they played D for last 3 minutes) i dont think you got what it takes to be a nfl starter. I know he was hurt but if it was day to day i think he coulda completed 1 pass at least for more than -1 yards

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Wolf2k5 said:
yeah i hope that game shuts up alot of henson should be the 2nd string people.

If he outplays Romo in training camp and preseason, he should be second string. What he did in an NFLE game in May will have no bearing on his role on the Cowboys.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
If he outplays Romo in training camp and preseason, he should be second string. What he did in an NFLE game in May will have no bearing on his role on the Cowboys.
If I remember correctly the only reason Romo is listed at #2 is because he's the holder. If Bledsoe gets hurt you can bet Henson will start just like he did when Vinny got hurt.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I hope he's fine but I don't think he's our answer for the future he hasn't played very good, decent, but not eye popping and I'd just as well cut our losses with him. JMO

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I hope he's fine but I don't think he's our answer for the future he hasn't played very good, decent, but not eye popping and I'd just as well cut our losses with him.

Do you have a better option in mind?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I hope he's fine but I don't think he's our answer for the future he hasn't played very good, decent, but not eye popping and I'd just as well cut our losses with him. JMO
What losses?
He started 1 game and we won. OK he was on the bench by then but we won.

He's a developmental QB which is exactly what we would be adding if we released him.

I am not sure how to say this nicely so basically I'd just say these 2nd string and 3rd string guys on other teamsso mnay covet flat suck. Forget Matt Schuab or whoever. They have about a 10% chance of ever being a decent starter. Schaub might be a better fit in that yucky ATL west coast offense crap than Michael Vick but thats not what we run here.

Henson is a backup and we have no reason to get rid of him. As long as he remains a depth guy he is very cost effective and his athleticism is not going to drop below NFL caliber anytime in the next 10 years.

Like Miami overpaying for AJ Feeley what we must accept is there are simply very few guys who have NFL starting QB ability and if you have a propsect with the raw tools just take your time with the guy and see what happens. Its better than giving away day 1 picks for a guy some other team spent 3 seaosns developing but doesn't think can start for them.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still don't like to leave this in somebody else's hands.

How many times, after the swelling goes down, do you hear " ooops we found a little tear ". Stay off it Drew.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
According to The Associated Press, Jerry said it's a "day-to-day" injury and nothing serious.

That is certainly good news....I'm looking forward to a very competitive TC from DH.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If I remember correctly the only reason Romo is listed at #2 is because he's the holder. If Bledsoe gets hurt you can bet Henson will start just like he did when Vinny got hurt.
You've got guts Yeager. I'm surprised the reaction to this has been silence.