Jones: Henson's knee injury not serious

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If I remember correctly the only reason Romo is listed at #2 is because he's the holder. If Bledsoe gets hurt you can bet Henson will start just like he did when Vinny got hurt.

Um....

Oh nevermind, it's too late on a great Sunday to get into this

:zipit:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Well I might as well voice my opinion as well......I also agree with Yeager.

SmashFactorGolf

Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
Great news, but it looked serious to me...obviously it bothered him alot and should have been pulled out of the game. I just hope he gets to finish the NFLE season, and finish it posititively.

Staying in injured is just what BP tends to notice...........

twa

Reaction score
SmashFactorGolf said:
Staying in injured is just what BP tends to notice...........

Slap a brace on it and roll...Mcl with a brace ain't nothing but pain,and real men suck it up.

This message courtesy of the player now known as Gimpy ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have my own opinion on this. It just so happens it is the same as Yeager. :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
I hope he's fine but I don't think he's our answer for the future he hasn't played very good, decent, but not eye popping and I'd just as well cut our losses with him. JMO
:chainsaw:

Nothing like throwing away a 3rd round choice and time already put into developing a player at a critical position.

twa

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I have my own opinion on this. It just so happens it is the same as Yeager. :D

I will add my vote to the sensible crowd, but i'm sure the haters will be out in force before long. :bang2:

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
:chainsaw:

Nothing like throwing away a 3rd round choice and time already put into developing a player at a critical position.
Sorry but I think he's just in it ofr the money if the Yanks or any MLB team would take him back do you really think he'd keep playing FB? Nope I don't think he's worth the time to wait and see if he "Can" be a starting QB I just don't see but thats my opinion. The games I've watched so far in NFLE he's been very spotty with his passes some good some bad and most in the middle. I will say he's looked most comfortable late in games when it counts I just don't have a good feeling about him. I wish we could get Matt S. From the Falcons. Now I think he's worth the time and money

And following your logic we should wait until a critical time to call him for what he is just becasue we spent a 3rd on him to the texans... Please I think BP sent him to NFLE so JJ could see how off he was on Drew Henson and maybe JJ would let him make a change now Vs later....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Well, since everyone is agreeing with Yeager....I'll toss in my hat and say that I agree too.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Well, since everyone is agreeing with Yeager....I'll toss in my hat and say that I agree too.

Dang I didn't know that many people thought this way, thanks Juke for putting my sig up.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Dang I didn't know that many people thought this way, thanks Juke for putting my sig up.

Oh...I dont even know what he said...I just figured I'd agree since everyone else was. :D

And...you're welcome.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
drew henson is not our future qb..........we are screwed if bledsoe gets hurt.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
He's shown enough to at least warrant the 3rd QB spot on the roster for this season.

No need to rush him back.

A full offseason and training camp with the Cowboys will do him wonders.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I really am not sure what the people who want Henson to fail expect...

nor am I sure what they what him to do in NFLE that he isn't doing... (I don't believe he is fast enough to throw and CATCH the ball and I don't think they will let him play defense or be on special teams)

I believe he has come a long way in a short time but there is still work to be done...now most of you all know how I feel about Bledsoe.. I really don't think Henson is that much further behind him and I don't believe that Henson can get better than him sitting on the bench...

just my $.02 or whatever it is worth

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeager...

Yeager...

Yeager...

Yeager...

By the way, I agree....

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Sorry but I think he's just in it ofr the money if the Yanks or any MLB team would take him back do you really think he'd keep playing FB?

Way off base there. Henson signed a 6 year $17 million guaranteed contract with the Yanks in 2001, that is guaranteed money. If he was in it for the money, why would he walk away from that for an 8 year contract with the Cowboys for a guaranteed $3.5 million? Makes no sense using your logic. Dallas gave him no signing bonus and he made the rookie minimum of $238,000 in his first year with the Cowboys. So why walk away from the Yanks deal? As far as money, Henson should already be set for life. The Yanks gave him $5 million for his three or so years in their system. He was going to get a base salaries of $2.2 million in 2004, $3.8 million in 2005 and $6 million in 2006 from the Yanks and walked away from it. It was a good deal for the Yanks to get out of the contract as well. If Henson doesn't make it they're paying a minor leaguer $12 million over the final 3 years of his deal.