Jones Vs Jones

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
One thing to consider in this debate is that, after Julius came back, Parcells kept giving him the ball even when he wasn't having a lot of success (see the Baltimore and Philly games, for example). On the other hand, Detroit often abandoned running with Kevin if he wasn't doing much. Anytime Kevin averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry in the first half, he never got the ball more than seven times in the second half.

I think it's a direct correlation of coaching styles. We run a balanced ball control offense. They run a WCO. This is also the reason I believe JJ will be more succesful in the NFL. He's going to be in an offense that accentuates his running skills. Kevin Jones will be an accesory to the passing game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think it's a direct correlation of coaching styles. We run a balanced ball control offense. They run a WCO. This is also the reason I believe JJ will be more succesful in the NFL. He's going to be in an offense that accentuates his running skills. Kevin Jones will be an accesory to the passing game.

Good point, and very true.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
You can compare them all day long and all night long. It dont change nothing. I love JJ and would not trade him for 2 KJs. What has happened is all that will happen. No amount of opining here or anyother boards will change that. KJ could well be the beter back of the 2 in 10 years when all the dust settles. But what JJ give to us Boys fans will be incredible, enjoyable and memorable. Just as you relish in Emmitts highlights and Dorsetts highlights, 20 years from now, you will be telling your kids about JJ greatest runs and KJ will be an after thought to boys fans.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
One thing to consider in this debate is that, after Julius came back, Parcells kept giving him the ball even when he wasn't having a lot of success (see the Baltimore and Philly games, for example). On the other hand, Detroit often abandoned running with Kevin if he wasn't doing much. Anytime Kevin averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry in the first half, he never got the ball more than seven times in the second half.
THeres two ways you can look at that. You can take it as helping jj get more uards, or KJ getting a higher ypc. More carries when he is stuggling and he doesn't have that high ypc.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I like the fact we got Jones and the extra number one this year.

Had we stuck to our guns and took Kevin Jones like rumoured, we would not have had the oppurtunity to select Spears.

I will take that all day, every day.

:hammer: . Case closed.

zack

Reaction score
Could it be the next Barry vs Emmitt? I have seen a lot of KJ since I am local. I am not as impressed with him as I am with JJ. KJ doesn't have the speed of JJ, but has decent moves. His size gets him extra yards.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
While both are and will be very good, JJ looks more natural when he runs, like he was just born with all his skills. KJ looks like he thinks alot more and plays a step slower than JJ, like his skills were refined over time and he his still getting the hang of the RB position. Example: Last year in the Seattle game, JJ had a run in the 3rd quarter where he started right, cut back left and then somehow manuvered through all 3 LBs who were within 3 yards of each other without even being touched. Against Chicago last year, KJ had the same thing happen, started right, cut back left but was then tackled by the first LB because it looked like he had to think before he tried to get by him. JJ didnt, he just did it.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Julius has a little more "special" in him to me. But he also seems the more injury prone of the two, and I think Kevin has shown to be more consistent -- on the pro and college level.

I'd be surprised if both aren't in at least two or three Pro Bowls before their careers are over -- and that goes for Steven Jackson, too, if the Rams utilize him like they should.