Jordan Davis

buddieluver

Reaction score
Dude is huge and a monster in the run game.

Georgia Football: Jordan Davis deserves to be in Heisman Trophy talk

Georgia football has a team full of talented players willing to go to war for each other every week, and one of their generals leading them is senior nose tackle, Jordan Davis.

He has been an anchor for that defensive front throughout this season, sacrificing his body every single down to help his teammates around him make plays.
https://dawnofthedawg.com/2021/10/21/georgia-football-jordan-davis-heisman-trophy-talk/

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's early to know where Jordon will fall to. Does a team draft a two down player in the first round? I think everybody likes Jordan

cnuball21

Reaction score
Fringe first rounder / 2nd rounder if I had to guess…beast against the run but teams draft for pass rush talent early at the DT position.

Weak DT class so he’ll go earlier than he should.

I liked McNeil more last year and I think he went in the 3rd.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Georgia football has a team full of talented players willing to go to war for each other every week, and one of their generals leading them is senior nose tackle, Jordan Davis.

He has been an anchor for that defensive front throughout this season, sacrificing his body every single down to help his teammates around him make plays.
https://dawnofthedawg.com/2021/10/21/georgia-football-jordan-davis-heisman-trophy-talk/
Similar prospect to D'Aron Payne imo Davis is better college player, but Payne was 20 when he came out. Incredibly strong and stout, and has enough power to consistently push the pocket in the passing game. As a big DT, if you can push the pocket, you can play passing downs. Id consider him late in the 1st

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Heck of a player but I don’t see him as an option. Just not the kind of player that this team values as a potential pick in round 1.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the Cowboys seriously consider a move to a 3-4 defense, Davis is exactly the sort of player they should draft.

He would immediately make the LB's and DE more effective.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Fringe first rounder / 2nd rounder if I had to guess…beast against the run but teams draft for pass rush talent early at the DT position.

Weak DT class so he’ll go earlier than he should.

I liked McNeil more last year and I think he went in the 3rd.
Well since we will be picking 32 it is close enough to the 2nd round.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well since we will be picking 32 it is close enough to the 2nd round.

Haha…sure, but I’ll need to see some kind of pass rush productivity to feel good about making that pick even at 32.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think he is at least as talented and useful as Vea. He will go round one IMO and with a good combine top 20.

Vea was a special athlete at his size. I don’t think Davis will test nearly as good as Vea did.

Davis is behemoth going north/south but I see a lot of stiffness.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think he is at least as talented and useful as Vea. He will go round one IMO and with a good combine top 20.

Not even close...maybe as a run stopper but Vea logged 39 pressures in his last year at Wash. Davis has yet to come close to producing similar pass rush productivity.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Yes please.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Vea was a special athlete at his size. I don’t think Davis will test nearly as good as Vea did.

Davis is behemoth going north/south but I see a lot of stiffness.

If he can take the center and put him in the QBs lap then I’d be all for drafting him but a 2 down tackle with blah athleticism sounds like a late 1 at best to me.

New England usually falls in love with these types.

KDM256

Reaction score
Wanted Jordan in the 3rd round in last years draft but he opted to stay at UGA another year.

Davis will solidify this defensive line, regardless if Cowboys was running a 3/4 or 4/3.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like Jordan Davis for in the 1st round for this team. Run stopping problems have been chronic throughout the years, and with Parsons at MLB adding a brick wall for upfront to protect him would be awesome. Adding that big NT makes it easier for others. I don't care about his pass rush because team's don't need to pass if their blasting 5-6 YPC...keep watching these upcoming games.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m intrigued like everyone else about having a big guy that can disrupt the middle, but the reality is in today’s NFL the value isn’t really there. It’s the equivalent of having a Mark Eaton type center plodding the paint in today’s NBA game.

This is primarily a passing league that plays outside the hashmarks and uses the short passing game as a substitute for the run game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I’m intrigued like everyone else about having a big guy that can disrupt the middle, but the reality is in today’s NFL the value isn’t really there. It’s the equivalent of having a Mark Eaton type center plodding the paint in today’s NBA game.

This is primarily a passing league that plays outside the hashmarks and uses the short passing game as a substitute for the run game.
Ok well, take #95 or #88 from Georgia...more quick but still big enough to help vs the run.