Jordan Phillips the 3 tech?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wondered why he started next to Rogers the other night.
Yeah, I think Zimmer wants some size in there on early downs. We might see Mazi (1-tech) and Phillips (3-tech) on first down, Osa and Phillips/Mazi on second if we successfully stop the run on first down, and Osa and Lawrence/Kneeland on third down if it's long yardage.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m still waiting on the AAgap scheme.

It’s been missing in action.
We've used it at times in the preseason, with the linebackers attacking the gaps. It has resulted in some pressure, but not near as much as it will when it's Parsons attacking the gaps.

Rayman70

Reaction score
In Saturday's game, we lined up Phillips and Huggins next to each other on early downs. Zimmer might want to put Phillips next to Mazi on early downs rather than having Osa out there. Could do essentially a three-man rotation with Phillips and Osa playing 3-tech and Mazi and Phillips playing 1-tech.
suddenly that rotation looks promising when you factor is Rogers too.

shabazz

Reaction score
He had a sack on Dak last year playing DE for the Bills
I'd like to forget that game. Our offense scored 1 touchdown and Parsons had no tackles and no sacks.

Our best players shine against the better competition

Cowboyny

Reaction score

New Cowboys DT Jordan Phillips said he’s familiar with Mike Zimmer’s defensive scheme because he has worked with some other coaches from Zimmer’s coaching tree. “It’s just like riding a bike.”

On why the Cowboys are a good scheme fit for him: “The (3-tech DT) comes off the ball and they get to make a lot of plays, and that’s what I like to do.”

Zimmer has played 2 NT's in the past, wouldn't surprise if we see some alignments with 2 in the game.