Jordan Shipley

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So does anyone still doubt his abilities as a slot receiver at the next level?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CATCH17;3206850 said:

Shipley is the man, but let's remember, it is the NFL he is going to and not college anymore. :starspin

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Had some alligator arms

And that was weak D on the 2nd TD.

I will take him w/ a 5th(;)), but his ceiling is Crayton and we need a burner

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;3206854 said:
Shipley is the man, but let's remember, it is the NFL he is going to and not college anymore. :starspin

Doesn't matter. His game most definetely will translate to the NFL.

He will be a nightmare for teams over the middle of the field.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3206855 said:
Had some alligator arms

And that was weak D on the 2nd TD.

I will take him w/ a 5th(;)), but his ceiling is Crayton and we need a burner

did u see some of those passes? you stick yourself in there and try to catch the ball.....he would have gotten lit up like a christmas tree. gilbert was way off in the first half and could have gotten some people hospitalized.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CATCH17;3206878 said:
Doesn't matter. His game most definetely will translate to the NFL.

He will be a nightmare for teams over the middle of the field.

Man please. You don't know that.

Do you know how many times I have seen folks like you say these things to have that person then go out and do absolutely nothing in the NFL?

WAYYYYYY TO MANY

Sorry, I don't believe in any Miss Cleo talents you might think you have.

Charles freakin Rogers

Mike Williams

OMG Troy Williamson

Peter Warrick

Just to name a few...all can't miss players that will translate that talent to the NFL.

NADA

Im just a wait and see guy. Shipley most certainly has the talent.

Givem hell in the NFL, Colt.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;3206913 said:

Do you know how many times I have seen folks like you say these things to have that person then go out and do absolutely nothing in the NFL?

WAYYYYYY TO MANY

Charles freakin Rogers

Mike Williams

OMG Troy Williamson

Peter Warrick

Just to name a few...all can't miss players that will translate that talent to the NFL.

NADA

K ill just bump this thread after he turns out to be awesome and we can just add him to the long list of players i've been right about.

I was the 1st one to mention Gilyard and Earl Thomas too before any NFL scout thought of them as an elite talent.

I dont think he will be a good receiver if he is lined out wide as an X or a Z but as a slot receiver you can't build'em any better than Shipley.

Fast, quick, can make the possesion play, and can make the big play.

Hes also a heck of a return man.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3206850 said:

Not me, I have not doubted Jordan ability and his intelligence for the game in a long time. I think Jordan is going to be a very good player at the next level.

He has good speed and great hands

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas;3206854 said:

Same could be said for every player coming out of the draft.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;3206913 said:

WAYYYYYY TO MANY

Charles freakin Rogers

Mike Williams

OMG Troy Williamson

Peter Warrick

NADA

IMO, Shipley has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. He has size, strength, speed, elusiveness, great hands, toughness, intelligence, work ethic, versatility, leadership, and character. No one is can't miss, no one. However, IMO, he is about as quality a WR prospect as you can have going into a draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Texas? Yuck....

That excellent and factual take being made, Shipley is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Any team should want a guy like that. He almost single handedly got them back in that game and that was with a constant double team. Jordan is a hard worker too.

I'd have zero problem with us drafting him in the bottom of the 2nd round. You know Romo would love this kid. He would fit in well with Romo, Witten, Austin, Barber, and Felix...No ego.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3207688 said:
Texas? Yuck....

That excellent and factual take being made, Shipley is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Any team should want a guy like that. He almost single handedly got them back in that game and that was with a constant double team. Jordan is a hard worker too.

I'd have zero problem with us drafting him in the bottom of the 2nd round. You know Romo would love this kid. He would fit in well with Romo, Witten, Austin, Barber, and Felix...No ego.

He would boost the special teams too.

With the way this game has changed to the spread offenses there is a spot for guys like Shipley.

Someone like Desean Jackson would've been a nobody 8 or 9 years ago.

With the rules the way they are now it plays right into these type of players hands.

I think its not as hard to find WR's and QB's now days because of the spread/ NFL rules.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3207206 said:
Same could be said for every player coming out of the draft.

Except when it's a longhorn player. All longhorn players transcend everyone else. We know that.

Seriously...I don't give much cred to those pumpin Shipley who are diehard Longhorn fans.

Wayyy to much homer in there for me.

Sorry

How many Sam Bradford threads do you see starting and we all know he will be top 10 next year.

Ummm ZERO threads, just because nobody knows jack what will happen at the NFL level.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas;3207717 said:
Except when it's a longhorn player. All longhorn players transcend everyone else. We know that.

Seriously...I don't give much cred to those pumpin Shipley who are diehard Longhorn fans.

Wayyy to much homer in there for me.

Sorry

I always put the Cowboys 1st when it comes to getting players and have never over hyped a player because he came from Texas. I loved Vince Young at Texas but had major doubt about him at the next level same with Colt.

Shipley I think is going to have a very good NFL career and would love to have a guy like him on this Cowboys team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3207698 said:
He would boost the special teams too.

With the way this game has changed to the spread offenses there is a spot for guys like Shipley.

Someone like Desean Jackson would've been a nobody 8 or 9 years ago.

With the rules the way they are now it plays right into these type of players hands.

I think its not as hard to find WR's and QB's now days because of the spread/ NFL rules.

And he is the holder on FG just to add to all the other things he does.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3207722 said:
I always put the Cowboys 1st when it comes to getting players and have never over hyped a player because he came from Texas. I loved Vince Young at Texas but had major doubt about him at the next level same with Colt.

Shipley I think is going to have a very good NFL career and would love to have a guy like him on this Cowboys team.

Me too and I don't even have a favorite College team. I just hate the Sooners and even with them I give them a fair evaluation when it comes to the Cowboys picking them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3207725 said:
Me too and I don't even have a favorite College team. I just hate the Sooners and even with them I give them a fair evaluation when it comes to the Cowboys picking them.

I'm big time Texas fan but I do understand the differance between Pro ball and college football. Jordan in the 2nd rd I think would be a good selection for any team out there. Going into games teams know that Shipley is going to be the main target yet he finds ways to get open and make the big catches. He does not lack speed matter of fact he is as fast as most of the top WR who are entering the draft.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3207742 said:
I'm big time Texas fan but I do understand the differance between Pro ball and college football. Jordan in the 2nd rd I think would be a good selection for any team out there. Going into games teams know that Shipley is going to be the main target yet he finds ways to get open and make the big catches. He does not lack speed matter of fact he is as fast as most of the top WR who are entering the draft.

That is why he is going to give Dallas good value when they draft him in the 4th round.