Jordan Shipley

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;3208554 said:
That is why he is going to give Dallas good value when they draft him in the 4th round.

I would love but I don't see him lasting to the 4th rd. It should be interesting to see how he does in some of the upcoming senior bowl and the combines.

ghst187

Reaction score
i was very skeptical of Shipley but he really impressed me last game. He is fast and quick and runs great routes. He is really hard to stay with. He doesn't lose speed in and out of cuts. He obviously has really good hands too. He will however have to deal with a lot of press and jamming but I think he will be a very productive #2 or #3 somewhere. I wouldn't be upset at all if we took him late round 3 or after because i think he will have success. In fact, IMO he seems to be one of the most polished WRs in this class (which is pretty unimpressive). But we already have someone productive in the spot he would play: Crayton. We also have Ogletree who I think will have good production next year. As much as I dislike UT, I do like Shipley at the next level. I just don't think he fits in Dallas right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ghst187;3208952 said:
i was very skeptical of Shipley but he really impressed me last game. He is fast and quick and runs great routes. He is really hard to stay with. He doesn't lose speed in and out of cuts. He obviously has really good hands too. He will however have to deal with a lot of press and jamming but I think he will be a very productive #2 or #3 somewhere. I wouldn't be upset at all if we took him late round 3 or after because i think he will have success. In fact, IMO he seems to be one of the most polished WRs in this class (which is pretty unimpressive). But we already have someone productive in the spot he would play: Crayton. We also have Ogletree who I think will have good production next year. As much as I dislike UT, I do like Shipley at the next level. I just don't think he fits in Dallas right now.

See I think he HAS to be a #3 to have success at a high level.

He has just never impressed me as an X or a Z receiver.

With NFL coaching he may develop into something better but from what I have seen he is at his highest level of play when he is working the middle of the field.

The closer he is to the QB the better.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;3207717 said:
Except when it's a longhorn player. All longhorn players transcend everyone else. We know that.

Seriously...I don't give much cred to those pumpin Shipley who are diehard Longhorn fans.

Wayyy to much homer in there for me.

Sorry

How many Sam Bradford threads do you see starting and we all know he will be top 10 next year.

Ummm ZERO threads, just because nobody knows jack what will happen at the NFL level.

IMO, Shipley is the most complete WR prospect UT has offered....even moreso than Williams, McGarity, Sweed, Cosby, Adams, etc.

I am very pleased with this crop of UT prospects. Houston, Kindle, Thomas, Muckleroy, Colt, and Shipley.....they are 6 very solid prospects.

I am down on Norton and any of the OL who are entering the draft. I do not feel that these prospects are worth a hill of beans and I want them nowhere near Dallas.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
give me at least Houston - a Rat look alike

I would take Muckleroy move him inside

and Shipley he surprise me last nite in the 4 would be a steal