Joseph Randle released

robjay04

Reaction score
Well the FO drank the koolaid that says "anyone can run behind this oline." Thus that assumption prevented us from drafting a runningback and bringing in competition such as Chris Johnson. I was all in for signing Chris Johnson because these bunch of scrubs we got was not going to cut it. Sure enough, Randle tanks and is cut. Just to show you have badly the FO has dealt with the runningback situation this off season.

I don't disagree at all, the team didn't want to pay Murray and did an inadequate job replacing him. I can understand wanting to go with someone younger over Chris Johnson though, the Cards did basically the same thing until injuries made way for Johnson. Chris Johnson will slow down as the season goes on, he may already be showing signs of that.

If you watched the draft war room, you could tell the energy left the room when Gordon, Coleman and Duke Johnson went before the Cowboys pick in that round.

MagicMan

Reaction score
dammmm, this RBBC has really been a great idea. (Sarcasm here for those in Rio Linda)........ Ironically, the only one left standing is the "injury prone" McFadden. o_O

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We all talked about the possibility of Randle being released during the offseason with him dealing with off the field issues. Figured there would be some trust issues with him. His problems made the Cowboys decision not to draft an RB even more puzzling.

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
He never even got a chance to play with Dez and Romo, and people want to crucify the FO..

superonyx

Reaction score
And give up Greg Hardy. Ill take Hardy

Or wait to decide if Crawford deserves his $45 million contract. (He doesn't)
I love how people try to say it was Hardy OR Murray choosing to ignore the fact that Crawford got Murrays money.

I guess it help to soothe the sting by using Hardy instead of Crawford.

LittleD

Reaction score
After the debacle this 'committee' has been? Why wouldn't it go at least 30?

Plenty of people have the right to get in more than a few "told ya so's!"

Nothing much can or will help now...Time to TANK!!!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
That was nothing more than PR spin by the FO. They had a chance to get a quality back even in the 3rd round and failed.

Your star runningback leaves for free agency and you don't even try to sign him. Bad move.

You let your star runningback leave for free agency and have no backup plan whatsoever. Worst than bad move.

You let Randle be the top dog and give him that position on a silver platter without having any competition during camp whatsoever. Worst move ever!

Wha?? its really simple and I cant beleive you guys are all worried about it....Joe Randle\DMC\Williams will just rotate in and out....NE does this. Other teams do this. We have an OL that is going to blow wide open holes that "anybody" could run through and with the improvements on Defense.....We should be fine. Cant beleive you all are getting so bent out of shape for something that is really insigficant. I mean, do you know Randles YPC!!!!

<sarcasm off>