Josh Brent met with Roger

honyock

Reaction score

On the pregame show, when they came back from break, Spagnola said that he had just heard that the Brent/Goodell meeting went "very, very well". Stephen had said a few minutes earlier they had no word yet. Mickey went on to say that he expected that the decision would come down very soon. So that's the second/third hand report for the moment.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the pregame show, when they came back from break, Spagnola said that he had just heard that the Brent/Goodell meeting went "very, very well". Stephen had said a few minutes earlier they had no word yet. Mickey went on to say that he expected that the decision would come down very soon. So that's the second/third hand report for the moment.

Shocker. This thing was so well scripted in advance. There's little margin for it to go anything but well. Even listening to how carefully Jerry chose his words on the topic this week, it was clear what was going to happen.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
And, whether you like this kid or not, I think EVERYONE saw why this team needs a LEGIT 1T that can plug up the middle. Hayden looked TERRIBLE, while Bishop and Coleman looked like rookies - lower round rookies (some good, but more "not so good").

LOBO7

Reaction score
I hope Goodel doesn't try to make up for going lite on the wife beater (2 games),
and go heavy on Brent to prove something to the media.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shocker. This thing was so well scripted in advance. There's little margin for it to go anything but well. Even listening to how carefully Jerry chose his words on the topic this week, it was clear what was going to happen.

What's going to happen?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rg-footblog1.jpg

Fans do not know what I'm going to do.
Players don't know either.
I have pissed off a lot of folks.
(Mr Burns voice) Excellent!​

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's going to happen?

Everything just as it's transpired to-date. Then reinstatement, with less than a two week suspension by the league (probably no suspension), then probably pup him to work with the trainer on conditioning for a few weeks, then 15-20 or so snaps a game until he gets into playing shape if he shows enough to retain him on the active roster.

erod

Reaction score
The additions of Spencer, Lawrence, and Brent could do wonders for the defense as the season wears on.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It is very possible that after the stupidity of the rice white wash he jumps all over Brent. And of course we have Mara in the background whispering sweet nothings in Goodell's ear.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? Why would you think that?

I've thought it from the moment Brent retired and the team went mum on the topic.

I think this is an issue with obvious PR implications for the league. And everybody involved has been very careful in discussing the situation. It's playing to me like we're going down a path that was decided in advance. And what's the retirement gambit for if it doesn't let them make the decision based on some precedent or interpretation they identified in advance? That's not something Brent's agent is going to tell him to do, otherwise.

Now, they leak that the meeting went well. Let that simmer for a few days, and make their announcement. It might not be two-games-or-less light, but it will be pretty light. Then they'll work the rehabilitation and redemption angle in Dallas as long as Brent can stay clean.