Josh Brent to sit with Brown family at memorial service

Fmart322

Reaction score
I would say maybe 5% have more then 2 drinks daily then drive. Now, that's just my guess.

I had a DUI when I was a teen, still went out drinking after that. I rarely even touch booze these days. By some peoples opinions that made me an alky. I better go to class, huh?

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Fmart322;4893573 said:
I would say maybe 5% have more then 2 drinks daily then drive. Now, that's just my guess.

You think it's that low? I'd be shocked if it was that low. It would be a good thing if it was though. I'd say the majority of people who go to a bar or restaurant after work get behind a wheel with a few drinks in them. That could be a much smaller number than I thought though.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Stryker44;4892362 said:
I have alot of respect for Brown's family. Forgiveness and helping Brent move towards redemption is the right thing for them to do - but the all too human tendency is to be angry and blame, which is well within their right. I don't know if I'd be able to do what they are doing.

Bingo. What an incredible gesture from the Brown family. He is resting in peace now.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
"O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"

I always though it was with the loved ones left behind. They've learned to conquer it in their own way. Let it go.

Fmart322

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4893595 said:
You think it's that low? I'd be shocked if it was that low. It would be a good thing if it was though. I'd say the majority of people who go to a bar or restaurant after work get behind a wheel with a few drinks in them. That could be a much smaller number than I thought though.

i do. I don't think everyone goes out all that often daily.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Fmart322;4893874 said:
i do. I don't think everyone goes out all that often daily.

So tomorrow night or even Friday night, you think around 5% of the population will get behind the wheel after having a few drinks? Interesting, I hope you're right.

BTX

Reaction score
Stryker44;4892362 said:
I have alot of respect for Brown's family. Forgiveness and helping Brent move towards redemption is the right thing for them to do - but the all too human tendency is to be angry and blame, which is well within their right. I don't know if I'd be able to do what they are doing.

That's one great post.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm sorry for having to delete so many posts. If you will keep out the insensitive and inflammatory remarks, personal attacks, and off topic comments it would be greatly appreciated. I don't wish to close this thread.

The topic is Josh and the Brown's family response to him. Let's keep it there and not get into Josh's behavior and alleged problems. There are other threads for you to address your thoughts about that.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Wow...My hats off to the Brown family. I don't know what else to say. They are better human beings than I am.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
This says nothing about Josh, but a lot about the Browns. Whether or not you believe Josh deserves to be pitied or forgiven, the way that the Browns have done so is unusual and speaks very well of them.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Shinywalrus;4894023 said:
This says nothing about Josh, but a lot about the Browns. Whether or not you believe Josh deserves to be pitied or forgiven, the way that the Browns have done so is unusual and speaks very well of them.

Maybe they realize that their son made a mistake that night too, and either of them could have gone that night. Since Josh had probably been like another son to them over the years, they'd rather not lose both of the boys.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4894262 said:
Maybe they realize that their son made a mistake that night too, and either of them could have gone that night. Since Josh had probably been like another son to them over the years, they'd rather not lose both of the boys.

I agree. I think it also speaks to the type of person Josh was to Jerry. He was obviously a very caring friend.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If two brothers got into a car and only one stepped out do u think the rest of the family are going to disown him?