Josh Brent?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Speaking of Glover, he would be a perfect addition to this defense and team in general.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Your description kinda fits Hayden as well. At least Brent has power at the POA. An upgrade is really needed, but the team doesn't show any interest in it.

Any perceived lack of interest is yet to be proven by their failure to draft a DT. It's also fairly conceivable that one of the in-house youngsters might, in the estimation of the staff, stand a decent chance of developing into one capable of fulfilling our needs at the DT spot. Also, Brent has yet to prove himself in the here and now. We'll see about that.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Rat was undersized for his position, he was double teamed, and he still put up a bunch of sacks in his prime..

bunch of sacks? And CLEARLY you do not realize that Glover was actually SMALLER.
2 inches shorter and usually played at about 280 or so.

Glover in 4 years with us got 21.5 sacks.
Rat in 8 years got 29 sacks. and 14 of them came in 2 seasons.

Last edited:

perrykemp

Reaction score
Kind of like BJ Raji?

No. BJ Raji is just a guy at this point of his career.

Removing last season where he missed all 16 games, Raji has averaged about 8 tackles a 1 sack per season! over the past 4 years.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
bunch of sacks? And CLEARLY you do not realize that Glover was actually SMALLER.
2 inches shorter and usually played at about 280 or so.

Glover in 4 years with us got 21.5 sacks.
Rat in 8 years got 29 sacks. and 14 of them came in 2 seasons.

LOL ur math

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully Brent learned his lesson, was given a second?? chance, now he has to make it through training camp. If he does...good for him and the Cowboys.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
sad that you still don't see clearly. But then you don't seem to be able to tell the difference between someone who is at least a consideration for the HOF and a Rat.

Glover in the hall, ok

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Lets say we donin his prime.t get a good DT in the draft or if we do, he needs a year to get accustomed to the NFL. I have been thinking about our D line and keep thinking Hardy, even though he's really good, is going to need help along the line or he's just going to be the focus of the O line on every play. I know everyone on here is already aware of this but my question surrounds Josh Brent and his ability. I mean, is he better than Rat or just a guy? I always considered him a good player with a lot of potential. Just curious what your thoughts are on Brent and his ability........

Hes a decent player in the roatation. However, I cant see him being at the level ratliff was and I wouldnt expect that because theyre two different players with much different skill sets. I would expect Brent to be better this year, but I dont stee him being a superstar.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
How is there a connection between Spencer and Brent?

There are so only so many roster spots the team wants to use for experiments.

Spencer didn't work out and they had already paid him millions with nothing to show for it.

Brent is a much lower risk and he stayed and Spencer was not re-signed.

Connection.

burmafrd

Reaction score
There are so only so many roster spots the team wants to use for experiments.

Spencer didn't work out and they had already paid him millions with nothing to show for it.

Brent is a much lower risk and he stayed and Spencer was not re-signed.

Connection.

like anyone else was going to offer Brent? saying he stayed is a joke

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Josh Brent?

What is with the love for this dude?

People on here acting like he is John Randle....lol!!!

He stripped an Eagle who fumbled alot ..big freaking deal.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvhrChlHV09yAnhZ9MHIA0uTUdvom-J_ppq_ydfBTjBrKvHrPi

I am channeling Brent: Dang that rust is sure coming off slow. the quail at dinner was good. I aim to get better. Look, a bird! he sure enough can fly. Hell all i need is a opportunity. Wonder what the club is serving for its buffett. Jerra was nice the other day. Randle say he half shirts for me from Macy's. Maybe i can get some endorsements from that gym in Grand Prairie. Look another bird.

that is all that came through from channeling him. hope i get better reception. look a bird.
Yours trulyt gimme

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If you're a repeat drunk and killed someone you apparently have a lot of untapped potential on CZ because "which of us hasn't done that"? :rolleyes:

i killed mein self respect when I sent for a online course from the Famous Vin Diesel School of Acting.