Josh Brent?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are so only so many roster spots the team wants to use for experiments.

Spencer didn't work out and they had already paid him millions with nothing to show for it.

Brent is a much lower risk and he stayed and Spencer was not re-signed.

Connection.

That the most nonsensical thing I've heard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lets say we don't get a good DT in the draft or if we do, he needs a year to get accustomed to the NFL. I have been thinking about our D line and keep thinking Hardy, even though he's really good, is going to need help along the line or he's just going to be the focus of the O line on every play. I know everyone on here is already aware of this but my question surrounds Josh Brent and his ability. I mean, is he better than Rat or just a guy? I always considered him a good player with a lot of potential. Just curious what your thoughts are on Brent and his ability........

at this point he is just a guy. he has been out of football for two years. when he played he showed flashes but was very inconsistent. he has flaws. and at this point he probably can't even unseat hayden. so lets not play fantasy football wishing somebody was X...but what he really is today.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Brent will get a chance to prove himself this training camp, hope he is making the most of this off season to get himself ready to compete for a job.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There are so only so many roster spots the team wants to use for experiments.

Spencer didn't work out and they had already paid him millions with nothing to show for it.

Brent is a much lower risk and he stayed and Spencer was not re-signed.

Connection.

I think money did play a role but I think age and talent on the roster probably played more of a role in the decision the team made on Spencer. JMO

Reaction score
He's never proven he could start in this league so I doubt the Cowboys are counting on anything from him. "Arrested Development", so to speak, is the story of Brent's NFL attempt so far, so there's a chance he could become something other than a camp body/rotational guy. I'm not seeing it though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think money did play a role but I think age and talent on the roster probably played more of a role in the decision the team made on Spencer. JMO

I think the Cowboys probably didn't want to give him enough guaranteed money that he was basically be assured of making the team. They probably wanted him to come to training camp and prove himself.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys probably didn't want to give him enough guaranteed money that he was basically be assured of making the team. They probably wanted him to come to training camp and prove himself.

This sounds very reasonable. I think your probably exactly right.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
sad that you still don't see clearly. But then you don't seem to be able to tell the difference between someone who is at least a consideration for the HOF and a Rat.
I am in agreement that Glover was better.

But I think Ratliff was a good player for us and I think you are undervaluing him.

Regardless, both are eons better than Brent.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am in agreement that Glover was better.

But I think Ratliff was a good player for us and I think you are undervaluing him.

Regardless, both are eons better than Brent.

well DUH. Brent is just a large body and that is about it.