Josh Gordon may be reinstated this week

mattjames2010

Reaction score

This is why he's still talked about. The guy is a freakin' monster, he makes some players look absolutely tiny. He has Calvin Johnson-like play ability.

Browns are better off just keeping him though. Give Kizer someone to throw the deep ball too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you suggesting the Cowboys should consider acquiring Josh Gordon?

Think carefully on your answer, sir.. my ability to take you seriously hangs in the balance.

o_O

Probably not, but if there was no cost to acquire him or cut him if he screws up, then I would consider it.

He needs to get out of that town.

jday

Reaction score
Probably not, but if there was no cost to acquire him or cut him if he screws up, then I would consider it.

He needs to get out of that town.
He hasn't played football in three years.

About the only way I'd consider it is if it meant cutting Kellen Moore. But if Kellen wasn't wasting a roster spot, I wouldn't consider it at all.

mardwin

Reaction score
Pass... not worth all the drama that comes with it. This guy has been out of football for over a year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is why he's still talked about. The guy is a freakin' monster, he makes some players look absolutely tiny. He has Calvin Johnson-like play ability.

Browns are better off just keeping him though. Give Kizer someone to throw the deep ball too.

Wow.

I wish the Cowboys had a WR like that except not suspended.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

About the only way I'd consider it is if it meant cutting Kellen Moore. But if Kellen wasn't wasting a roster spot, I wouldn't consider it at all.

He played in the 2016 preseason, and played like he never left.

But, I mean, if you can get this guy for dirt cheap I see not much downside with getting him. Who will lose playing time, Butler? We will miss his one catch every game...

NotForLong

Reaction score
To me this sould be like acquiring Casilas or Haley.

Its one if those big time additions thst would take us to the next level

Reactions: BAT

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

No there is a great trade offer!

jday

Reaction score
To me this sould be like acquiring Casilas or Haley.

Its one if those big time additions thst would take us to the next level
The difference is Haley and Casillas addressed positions of need. We have a good receiving core that knows the playbook, was here for training camp, and it's a tight knit group. Adding Josh would likely mean cutting one of them and adding another Randall Gregory to the lockerroom. The risk is not worth the potential reward.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Comparing him to those 2 guys? Really? Talent is one thing, being dependable is another. (Haley had his problems, yes, but for the Boys, he was dependable)
Haley was focused on the field. Both he and Casillas came to play every game. His off the field life is another story.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Must we bring up Garrett in every thread? Even threads that are about players that aren’t even on his team?
This has been like this all week. I think some of the fans should go cheer for another team. I understand the Broncos game sucked and it was a total team effort of playing horrible but every other thread is bashing a coach or player. There's a thread about Rico's concussion. The Cowboys have ruined his career now. Swaim and Hanna are trash. Witten is supposed to be a leader but he drops passes now. Dak is horrible. Romo needs to come back. Heath is getting blamed for Rico's injury and he had nothing to do with it. Everyone is overpaid and it's all negative. It's worse than Twitter on here right now

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The difference is Haley and Casillas addressed positions of need. We have a good receiving core that knows the playbook, was here for training camp, and it's a tight knit group. Adding Josh would likely mean cutting one of them and adding another Randall Gregory to the lockerroom. The risk is not worth the potential reward.

Do you realize how many times Dez was targeted in last 2 games vs. how many he actually caught? WR is not a priority like the pass rush on D, but it is a position of need.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Bryant and Gordon would be the best WR duo in football. Now, I don't know how well Dak would do with them, but there is no denying these two players big play ability.

It's funny though that you're worried about us cutting a scrub somewhere and adding a guy who has a Calvin Johnson ceiling. I'd cut Switzer for Gordon without any hesitation. And what would we really lose if Gordon makes a mistake again? No one will trade any high picks for Gordon, so it would be some later round picks with a small contract. If he screws up, you release him.

jday

Reaction score
Do you realize how many times Dez was targeted in last 2 games vs. how many he actually caught? WR is not a priority like the pass rush on D, but it is a position of need.

It is absolutely not a position of need. The fact that Dak targeted Dez that often does not mean the other WR were not doing their job. For starters, against the Broncos, they had an excellent plan: whereas most teams look to double Dez and take their chances with everyone else, they put their best on Dez and doubled Witten and Beasley. Dak showed his youth by constantly trying to take advantage of the single coverage. Sometimes he threw poor passes. Sometimes Dez didn't do his job. Other times, the opposing corner did his job.

That receiving core is one of the best in the league, Dak just has not been taking full advantage. Furthermore, there were several instances were Dak completely missed other open receivers while staring down the single covered Dez. See tape from confirmation...,there were several instances. Hopefully they get corrected for the upcoming game, but adding Josh Gordon in no way fixes what ailed them in this past game.

jday

Reaction score
Bryant and Gordon would be the best WR duo in football. Now, I don't know how well Dak would do with them, but there is no denying these two players big play ability.

It's funny though that you're worried about us cutting a scrub somewhere and adding a guy who has a Calvin Johnson ceiling. I'd cut Switzer for Gordon without any hesitation. And what would we really lose if Gordon makes a mistake again? No one will trade any high picks for Gordon, so it would be some later round picks with a small contract. If he screws up, you release him.
Did you seriously just suggest cutting a fourth round pick (and our current starting punt returner) to acquire a guy who hasn't played "meaningful" football in three years and makes Randall Gregory look like a Mensa member. I agree with the sentiment of taking chances on guys from time to time, but you can only have so many knuckleheads in the same locker room at the same time and I'm pretty sure the Cowboys dance card is full, in that regard.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Gordon was insanely dominant when he played. Hes still only 26 or 27 I believe. I realize how much time hes missed and why. Nonetheless if he comes back I think hes dominant again. Why wouldnt he be, hes still young and his body hasnt been beaten? Its a huge IF for sure, but he really was that good.