Josh Gordon to the Pats

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Late for meetings, misses meetings, sometimes missing in action, can't stay sober according to rumors. I guess the NE magic will change all that. I doubt Brady and Belichek will put up with that unless he is catching balls. I can't blame NE for taking a chance. NE did not look too well on Sunday against Jax. NE defense looked especially bad. I think NE is in desperation mode and will try anything. That NE defense will get shredded going forward. The offense will need to put up a lot of points. I am surprised Martavis Bryant went unclaimed after cut from the Raiders.

All in all, probably a pretty good move for NE at this point based on where they seem to be headed. They got beat down by Jax pretty bad.

Dez, Martavis and Josh Gordon all available for any team this year. Teams could have had all three if they wanted. Couldn't have predicted that a few years ago.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Late for meetings, misses meetings, sometimes missing in action, can't stay sober according to rumors. I guess the NE magic will change all that. I doubt Brady and Belichek will put up with that unless he is catching balls. I can't blame NE for taking a chance. NE did not look too well on Sunday against Jax. NE defense looked especially bad. I think NE is in desperation mode and will try anything. That NE defense will get shredded going forward. The offense will need to put up a lot of points. I am surprised Martavis Bryant went unclaimed after cut from the Raiders.

All in all, probably a pretty good move for NE at this point based on where they seem to be headed. They got beat down by Jax pretty bad.

Dez, Martavis and Josh Gordon all available for any team this year. Teams could have had all three if they wanted. Couldn't have predicted that a few years ago.
For a 5th round pick its worth the risk. Everyone is acting like they actually gave something up worth while. 5th round picks are lucky to even make the 53.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That’s a good spot for him really. A stable structured no nonsense club,that’s up front about how it’s going to be,or there’s the door. He doesn’t need a place that “supports him” but a place that has lines drawn in the sand. That’s something Josh needs in his life. He said (paraphrasing) he’s always had people not holding him accountable due to his talent,and maybe this will help.

Sydla

Reaction score
Considering the excessive baggage Gordon brings, there will be a lot of people who will be glad the Cowboys didn't make a serious move to acquire him.

For what NE paid?

Well worth the risk. I mean what’s the worst thing that could happen if we got him? Lose a 5th, get back a 6th if he isn’t active for 10 games and have the same blah WR group we have now?

Someone needs to explain to me the downside here.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The Patriots give a late 5th and get an early 7th back if he isn't active for 10 games. Josh Gordon's cost was basically zero in draft capital and his salary is <$700k and isn't even guaranteed.

This is a classic example of people not understanding risk. There is a good chance Gordon flunks a drug test and is out of football forever, sure. But the chance to find out if he can be an all-pro again costs almost literally nothing.

If that scares you away, you're a moron.
It's like being afraid of a lottery ticket you found on the ground.

joseephuss

Reaction score
For what NE paid?

Well worth the risk. I mean what’s the worst thing that could happen if we got him? Lose a 5th, get back a 6th if he isn’t active for 10 games and have the same blah WR group we have now?

Someone needs to explain to me the downside here.

What if he plays 11 games or more and then gets suspended right before the playoffs? Seems like a downside to me. And even if he only plays 5 games or less and gets suspended, it disrupts team preparation and chemistry. Having that constant fear of not trusting a player weighs heavy. The Pats might be equipped to handle it, but I don't think Dallas and many other teams are.

GenoT

Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-patriots-deal-josh-gordon-202131160.html

I guess 'we like our guys'.....sigh.

A fifth rounder, jesus we win one game and we don't want to make a move like this which could help the team.

There is risk, but you see the Pats doing it, thats what winning teams do.

There’s a difference between Gordon going to the Pats and his going to DC.

If he goes to the Pats, he’ll be expected to toe the line 100% from the git-go. If he looks at someone cross-eyed, he’ll be released before the trainers have finished sewing his name on a game jersey...and be lucky to get a bus ticket, a sandwich and a road map outta town.

If he were to come to Big D, he could assault 2-3 spouses, commit multiple DUIs, get caught waving a bong around on a street in Oak Cliff, after getting popped with a kilo of blow in his car...and as the cops were dragging him away, Jerry would be pontificating on how the Cowboys organization must support this misunderstood and troubled young man.
:muttley::facepalm:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If Josh Gordon was traded to Dallas, he would have failed his 'death penalty' drug test by the end of the week.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Are you serious. Jerry literally has hookers hugging his **** on camera. And we are here debating character flaws. Get over yourselves. It's about football talent idgaf if a guy smokes weed.

That's great you feel that way. Unfortunately the NFL does care if you smoke weed. I guess you hadn't heard they suspend guys for that? Gordon is a joint away from most likely not playing another down in the league. If you don't take that into consideration you're simply dumb.

Sydla

Reaction score
What if he plays 11 games or more and then gets suspended right before the playoffs? Seems like a downside to me. And even if he only plays 5 games or less and gets suspended, it disrupts team preparation and chemistry. Having that constant fear of not trusting a player weighs heavy. The Pats might be equipped to handle it, but I don't think Dallas and many other teams are.

Again where is the downside there? So we would have to play in the playoffs with the same WR corps we have now? So again, point out the downside?

People overplay this whole concept of chemistry and team prep. If this team can't handle that then they have bigger problems than who they have at WR.

jay94

Reaction score
Again where is the downside there? So we would have to play in the playoffs with the same WR corps we have now? So again, point out the downside?

People overplay this whole concept of chemistry and team prep. If this team can't handle that then they have bigger problems than who they have at WR.

It's like our team is full of teenagers and not adults.... Once again Patriots make moves, only a matter of time for us and excuses to come rolling.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That's great you feel that way. Unfortunately the NFL does care if you smoke weed. I guess you hadn't heard they suspend guys for that? Gordon is a joint away from most likely not playing another down in the league. If you don't take that into consideration you're simply dumb.
its a 5th round pick who cares if you throw it in the trash. What if he doesn't smoke a joint ever again its a steal.

jnday

Reaction score
Dark is not accurate enough to take advantage of a top WR like Gordon anyway.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Late for meetings, misses meetings, sometimes missing in action, can't stay sober according to rumors.

I bet you my last bottom dollar that he will not miss meetings in NE. NE has the culture within and the mystique surrounding it to have that type of effect on players.

coult44

Reaction score
I don’t think we are the right team to be trading away a fifth round pick for Gordon. Glad we aren’t involved.
The way we draft, I'd give up the next 10 5th round picks to get a talent like Gordon.