Josh Jones S Green Bay

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears it doesn’t matter who the safety is or whether he would actually be an upgrade or not, some fans are willing to give up a draft pick to get him.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No mention of him being anywhere near a locker room cancer, and the price would likely be the same. A late day 3 pick.
Josh Jones was a late second round pick, but we definitely would be able to acquire his services with a late third. But if he's crying as a Packer he might cry as a Cowboy. So a late third round pick for what could be a locker room cancer, no dice. A six round pick, maybe. But a third, no way.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Josh Jones has requested a trade or release. He is a safety with Green Bay drafted #61 three years ago. He is 6'2" and 220 and 32 inch arm length. Seems to fit the size and length that Richard likes so maybe we could entice the Packers with a trade for him since he is only a backup with what the Packers did in the off season.

We are deep at some positions. It depends what they would want.

Pluses. Big strong long and a sparq freak.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-jones?id=2558119

Minuses. Hasn't claimed a position despite the high pick, and is now a malcontent.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Josh Jones was a late second round pick, but we definitely would be able to acquire his services with a late third. But if he's crying as a Packer he might cry as a Cowboy. So a late third round pick for what could be a locker room cancer, no dice. A six round pick, maybe. But a third, no way.
Late day 3. Third rounder is not a day 3 pick

Xavier187

Reaction score
Why not player for player?
Lewis and a 4th rounder
For
Jones and a 3rd rounder

Obviously Richard doesnt use Lewis like he should so why not trade him and get something decent back.

Not saying Jones is a beast but he is a CF FS. With size and speed

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of repeating the “we like our guys” line in threads like these. Turns out, it’s worked out pretty well for us. We’re picking up 6th rounders who outperform other teams’ 2nd rounders at the position. And it’s maybe our weakest position on the entire team.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Nice! Just as my hunch has dictated and this statistical graph now cements it. Jeff Heath has the best numbers. I will take Jeff Heath over Iloka and Jones.
I agree this guy isn't an upgrade over Heath. I like Heath but feel he makes more plays as a rotational guy and not as a starter. Iloka was playing out of position as a FS, he is more of a SS.

Unless Berry comes here..... Injury concerns by the way..... Then I see a rotation of Woods, Heath, Iloka, Wilson, Thompson and possibly Frazier. I'm ok with that for this year to see how it goes. I liked Adderley, Thornhill and Rapp but I understand drafting Hill as well. I think had we kept our first round pick we would have had both Hill and one of the safeties. I rather keep Cooper and see if we can upgrade next season at safety.

ICP

Reaction score
I'll just post my canned reply when it comes to a trade or signing of basically any Safety or well known free agent that isn't coming off a down year or three..... Never gonna happen

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not player for player?
Lewis and a 4th rounder
For
Jones and a 3rd rounder

Obviously Richard doesnt use Lewis like he should so why not trade him and get something decent back.

Not saying Jones is a beast but he is a CF FS. With size and speed

Because Lewis has proven to be a solid backup player (he played 83% and 81% of snaps in two game in 2018). The Cowboys won both games and only allowed an average of 13.5 points in those games.

Josh Jones hasn't proven anything.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Josh Jones has requested a trade or release. He is a safety with Green Bay drafted #61 three years ago. He is 6'2" and 220 and 32 inch arm length. Seems to fit the size and length that Richard likes so maybe we could entice the Packers with a trade for him since he is only a backup with what the Packers did in the off season.

The Cowboys already have the Giants 3rd round pick from a couple of years ago (Darian Thompson).

Darian Thompson 17 starts in 2 years with Giants.

Josh Jones 12 starts in 2 years with Packers.

Both players are 6-2.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lots of repeating the “we like our guys” line in threads like these. Turns out, it’s worked out pretty well for us. We’re picking up 6th rounders who outperform other teams’ 2nd rounders at the position. And it’s maybe our weakest position on the entire team.
Yep.

And the saying is just old and stupid at this point.

From the offseason we just had it's painfully obvious we don't like our guys. Not to mention from the beginning of 2016 to the end of 2018 there were like 8 of the same starters and the rest were gone.