CFZ Juanyeh Thomas Might Eventually Take a Suprise Roster Spot, IMO

rambo2

Reaction score
He will make it one more year. Being a 2nd round pick they will utilize the full length of his contract
Being that they are so good now, they are likely to cut bait with him because they seem to have better players.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I don’t have a link. Just from the training camp live videos I’ve watched

Cool. I personally have learned to ignore the "experts" this time of year. Everyone with a phone and access to camp thinks their opinion matters.

I do have a phone, but am not at camp. I dont think my opinion matters. Not trying to get clicks or profit from my "expertise".

That leaves me with pre season games. So I'll wait till I can see for myself.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Which guy? This thread is off the tracks.

You talking Thomas or Joseph?

If you're talking Thomas, thats pretty bold talk. Thomas is this years Bell. And oh yeah, Bell is still here.
DQ has been known to move the pieces of the puzzle around game-to-game, so everyone gets snaps in roles suited to that players' strengths.

I'll say this. If you truly are blind and follow the team, I envy the heck out of you.

JBS

Reaction score
Cool. I personally have learned to ignore the "experts" this time of year. Everyone with a phone and access to camp thinks their opinion matters.

I do have a phone, but am not at camp. I dont think my opinion matters. Not trying to get clicks or profit from my "expertise".

Ok

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, I think the more likely scenario would be injuries or even multiple injuries, which could happen in our scheme (that's why DQ keeps a lot of them). They're lighter, more rangier, but even those guys that big take a beating in the NFL, going against TEs, RBs, big WRs, etc. So they get injured a lot. I think that could be a more likely route. Or, like I said, something to shave some money off by cutting Joseph to pay Martin, and then Thomas fills that role.

Could happen.
Well, if Joseph doesn't step up as a corner and Thomas can replace him as a special teams gunner, I could see him replacing his role. But not sure that we'd save much to go toward Martin.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thomas. He’s running with the 1s in practice every day. He ain’t going anywhere
It's true, though. What about Wilson, Mukuamu, Kearse, Hooker, Goodwin, Joseph, Bland Diggs, Gilmore, Bell, Scott Jr..

That's actually 11 right there, and I'm certainly not including Tyler Coyle, and others.

Injuries would have to happen or he'd have to play special team. If he gets a roster spot, it's more likely because of injuries.

The team is stacked at the secondary positions. So, it's likely he won't make the roster. Would have to be down the line, but who knows who gets cut and who gets plucked and what eventually happens.. Which is why I say eventually. I definitely don't think he becomes a starter day one. But if he hangs on the PS, I can see him getting called up. Or in that other scenario where you just need someone to play back up safety and maybe some slot and occasional slot duties.

I haven't checked. I know there's no scrimmage. But when is the first game? I'm itching.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I hear you. The way I see it happening is different though. I think a number of guys could be cut.. And when they are cut, another team nabs them. Happened last year as well. It'll be even worse this year, because our roster is so stacked.

Everyone knows if the Cowboys brought you in, you have talent....

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The overall point is, I think, cutting Joseph saves them money, at least in theory, I believe. I think somewhere around 3.5 million.

So, if Juanyeh Thomas can get it done in their scheme for whatever role they have . . . for compensatory reasons, and I hate to consider that, I think that might be the reason Thomas could get a spot. Sorry, I didn't take time to summarize the point, your honor.
Kelvin Joseph is not going to be cut. He plays special teams and if a corner back gets hurt, Dallas has a decent backup.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't think Joseph is the one who would lose a roster spot over keeping Thomas, it would be probably one of the safeties like Bell.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
He keeps it up and he will make it. He’s been much better than Bell or Coyle

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't think Joseph is the one who would lose a roster spot over keeping Thomas, it would be probably one of the safeties like Bell.
He keeps it up and he will make it. He’s been much better than Bell or Coyle
The CZ legend a potential cut? Lol but honestly if Bell has another good preseason like last year (wasn't great) he's a lock

_sturt_

Reaction score
Thought he was getting overlooked last year because of the fascination with Markqueese Bell. Thomas impressed me as probably more of a steady force than a flashy one based on his GT seasons.