News: Judge Orders Hotel to Give Michael Irvin Video Footage and Accuser Name in Alleged Misconduct Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
Anyway you cut it, this should shed some more light on the situation.

They're also getting names. Honestly, surprised that the hotel and Irvin's employer weren't more forthcoming after he (Irvin) filed the lawsuit.
The NFL? Lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hope everything comes out as to what the woman/hotel is claiming took place exactly based on this video and if there's audio with it. Theirs is the side we haven't heard from yet.

Staubacher

Reaction score

They're also getting names. Honestly, surprised that the hotel and Irvin's employer weren't more forthcoming after he (Irvin) filed the lawsuit.
Not surprising at all Marriott hasn't aired this out through the media. They have high priced lawyers too and it's against their protocol to do so.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Lawyers are the last people on earth who still know that saying as little as possible as long as possible is the right way to go. The stupid public and most loud mouth stars think otherwise, but lawyers just know better.

And to be honest, I don't understand why so many people (including non celebrities) just can't comprehend that simple concept.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Hope everything comes out as to what the woman/hotel is claiming took place exactly based on this video and if there's audio with it. Theirs is the side we haven't heard from yet.
And their side may include a lot more information than simply that video. Everyone is assuming that video is the only interaction and the only reason that he was thrown out of the hotel.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You mean like the time the Giants kicker got suspended for 2 games for 27 counts of domestic assault? Until the wife went public and then he was cut? The NFL heard her side and didnt care. lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And their side may include a lot more information than simply that video. Everyone is assuming that video is the only interaction and the only reason that he was thrown out of the hotel.
Yeah that's the wild card part, that they were willing to go to the mat that hard against a celebrity who will no doubt will have a pretty good lawyer of his own. It's either they have more or they had an overzealous employee that's going to get them in trouble.

gtb1943

Reaction score
ITs going to be interesting what the video shows since that is apparently all the hard evidence there is. Everything else will be he said she said.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not many are forthcoming in lawsuits, they cooperate to the level the court orders them. They were waiting for the judge to act on the filing by Irvin's attorney.

I think adding the NFL employees to it makes interesting as they are not named in the suit. But someone in management reacted to what they saw on that video or Irvin's response was a red flag or it could be as simple as they did not think he could do his job after what happened because of the media exposure.

It will be revealing to see a timeline established and who made what decisions within that timeline.

My question is why didn't they share the video with Irvin in the beginning, IF it is so credible and they can tell what transpired and took those actions.

I was one of those that easily believed he'd done something because of his history and I do know some things about his time at ESPN Radio and how he left there and as much as I do not like to admit it, I do not believe people change. I wish I did.

However, one thing about Irvin that always made me think there might be more to him than the loudmouth and this goes back to the cocaine problems. One of his teammates stuck beside him and it wasn't Emmitt but Aikman. Aikman comes off as about as buttoned up and image conscious as a man can get yet there he was in court supporting Irvin, the only one to stand beside him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a possibility since they acted so quickly and they haven't been required to validate their actions, even to Irvin. Until now.

This also may be at the root of NFLN's actions to send him home. We have no idea what's gone on in the past but it this was Kurt Warner or Stene Mariucci, I do not think they act this quickly.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You mean like the time the Giants kicker got suspended for 2 games for 27 counts of domestic assault? Until the wife went public and then he was cut? The NFL heard her side and didnt care. lol
Mike's a former player that works for a network with its own set of discipline rules I'd imagine. Not sure why this is being brought up as some sort of similar situation.

Mr_437

Reaction score
That was quick to have a judge on the case. Yeah, just look at the tape and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.