News: Judge Orders Hotel to Give Michael Irvin Video Footage and Accuser Name in Alleged Misconduct Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staubacher

Reaction score
That is a possibility since they acted so quickly and they haven't been required to validate their actions, even to Irvin. Until now.

This also may be at the root of NFLN's actions to send him home. We have no idea what's gone on in the past but it this was Kurt Warner or Stene Mariucci, I do not think they act this quickly.
They asked him to leave in the morning, not quickly after the video that evening. So it went from the employee to her management to security and probably other hotel brass before they decided to kick him out and inform the NFL.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They asked him to leave in the morning, not quickly after the video that evening. So it went from the employee to her management to security and probably other hotel brass before they decided to kick him out and inform the NFL.
If that's the case, they felt pretty comfortable doing that but I still have not seen any verification that they banned him from all properties.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If that's the case, they felt pretty comfortable doing that but I still have not seen any verification that they banned him from all properties.
I haven't heard they banned him all properties just that they asked him to leave that hotel. They apparently aren't seeking any other recourse nor is there any indication the employee is after some payday.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
So, with all the sexual harassment movements from the last several years, and all the sensitivities in regards. The definition of guilt or innocence of "misconduct" is measured on a different scale. Whereby depending on Judge/Jury's as of late will decide misconduct in a different light then when we knew it 5 to 10 years ago. I recently took mandatory sexual harassment/misconduct training class at work and now a simple wink or complement can be construed as misconduct. All that said, this will probably settle out with the attorney's cleaning up as accuser gets a move on $$ fee and Irvin gets back to work.

RoboQB

Reaction score
First, they had to sit circled in their safe space overnight.
Chanting "me too" as they colored outside the lines and held their service animals.

Side note, has anyone looked for updated information on the Arizona coach that was
sent home from Mexico? Probably not.

"Middle aged man calls a waitress sweetheart as he touches her shoulder to get
her attention. Fired and told to find his way back home." (slightly exaggerated)

RoboQB

Reaction score
I feel like if the video did show something inappropriate it would have been leaked by now.
I bet the video aligns 100% with the eye witnesses.
A 30-45 second interaction that ended with a handshake.

"Oh, but what did he SAY to her..." certain types will shout.
"He could've said he was gonna chop her up into pieces"
(Yes, someone with a rock for a brain actually stated that as a possibility)

sacase

Reaction score
Hey let's not rush to judgment and crucify Michael Irvin we don't know all the facts and he's my favorite player and won us Super Bowls

Also: Let's destroy this woman's life who we don’t even know and don't know what happened cuz Michael's my favorite player and he won us Super Bowls
Ooo Ooo I can play this game too! Let's assume that Irvin did something else that wasn't reported because he's obviously guilty and it's the only thing I can think of to justify this BS story.

Also we have to believe all women because they are as pure as the driven snow and would never lie.

Here's the reality. This story never made sense on what was reported. I don't think that anyone should have their name protected when we are making public accusations that have consequences because it encourages bad behavior.

Also I love Irvin but I would feel this way about anyone who was accused like he was. My life doesn't revolve around this team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posters are really confusing sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior with the law which calls for innocent until proven guilty, except in the court of public opinion.

It is funny that without any, ANY, evidence (that video taken by the bar patron is inconclusive as to what was said) we have two divided camps as to if he did anything wrong. One side is based on his history, my side, and the other because he played for their team and they like him. They choose to ignore his history.

Also, what is so difficult about not saying anything inappropriate to women and why do some jump to conclusions that it's all made up? I guess you're OK with Cosby, Epsten and Weinstein?

Do you know why it took women so long to come out against Cosby and Weinstein? Fear of not being believed kept some of these women silent for years because the same men that accuse the women of circling the wagons do the same thing for men.

Now, this woman, an employee of the hotel, is motivated to lie by what? I am confused about that. She is an employee of the hotel and might she just think if he will say whatever he said to her, he might do the same with female guests? Could she be acting in her position as an employee more than as an offended woman?

Marriott is very large corporation, do you think they would have a security guard make a decision to move a guest? Especially a guest that might just make the news? They have some video and an employee that we know nothing about but they have trust in her. And she might not have expected this to go this far, she might think she was just doing the responsible thing in reporting this but you can bet someone in management, allowed to make a call like this, made it.

And some base their opinion about this on what? What Irvin cannot remember? If he can't remember then how do you know he didn't say exactly what she reported? Because he played for your favorite team.

And let's remember, the Marriott only did what they did, they did not send him home and take him off the most important game of the year. Ask yourself why did NFLN do that so quickly?

Zordon

Reaction score
Irvin won in high school.
Irvin won in college.
Irvin won in the pros.

Now 88 will win in court. $$$$

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Posters are really confusing sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior with the law which calls for innocent until proven guilty, except in the court of public opinion.

It is funny that without any, ANY, evidence (that video taken by the bar patron is inconclusive as to what was said) we have two divided camps as to if he did anything wrong. One side is based on his history, my side, and the other because he played for their team and they like him. They choose to ignore his history.
Meh, I think there's two sides mostly but there are some that just want to know what the heck happened. For me, I'm not considering Mike's history in this. This is the same path where a story begins "Previously-convicted felon does XYZ bad thing ..." and people play the percentages to be safe but it's never 100%. If this were Kelvin Joseph, you'd see just how fast the "woman looking for a pay day" crowd would be on the opposite extreme they are now. The optics are interesting but not everything is out there and the most important thing out there is any audio, which I think is unlikely. I want it all out there but when you have 2 parties with money it seldom goes the route of a Johnny Depp/Amber Heard show. Agree on your post's opening sentence.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yep, this may have been the entire reason for the lawsuit if he knows it can clear his name.

Because they wouldn't have had to turn over the video. But now that a judge has turned it over, they have to...and as a private entity, they wouldn't have had to without the lawsuit or judges order.

catiii

Reaction score
All I know is that if I were a wealthy celebrity, my security goons wouldn't let a bimbo get within 100 yards of me without them being literally on top of us recording and filming every word spoken, especially an employee. My secret service would have me surrounded. Like stay away from Michael he ain't given no autographs golddigger!!! SCRAM!! And THEN my lead would complain to management about a bimbo employee approaching my employer for no reason related to her job.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Here's what really went down.
She called him Michael Irving.
He called her a dumb "female dog" and asked if she was in
any message boards lately.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Lawyers are the last people on earth who still know that saying as little as possible as long as possible is the right way to go. The stupid public and most loud mouth stars think otherwise, but lawyers just know better.

And to be honest, I don't understand why so many people (including non celebrities) just can't comprehend that simple concept.
End of the day, this was a very trivial matter that was overblown out of proportion of a very serious issue to the point where they asked a high profile guest to leave.

I for one am sincerely curious as to exactly what Irvin had done to warrant being kicked out of the hotel and dropped from the air over this matter.

THAT said, until more info comes out, you have no clue how well or bad the hotel actually handled this issue through their own chain of command to get to this point of publicity, particularly to exactly what actually happened.

My popcorn will be ready...

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Yeah that's the wild card part, that they were willing to go to the mat that hard against a celebrity who will no doubt will have a pretty good lawyer of his own. It's either they have more or they had an overzealous employee that's going to get them in trouble.

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.