July 4th Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'Eat More Chicken' There is some chicken on the pizza. My nutritionist wife rarely eats beef. I can barely get a few hamburgers in a year. I do draw the line at ribs. I buy ribs whenever they are on sale and she tolerates it. A man can only give up so much.
A fair nutritionist should know that meat provides things other food groups can't. Liver is VERY good for you.

Too bad so many "nutritionists" push their vegan agenda.

I'm not saying you need to eat a big steak ever day.....but our teeth structure is proof of diet variety.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
A fair nutritionist should know that meat provides things other food groups can't. Liver is VERY good for you.

Too bad so many "nutritionists" push their vegan agenda.

I'm not saying you need to eat a big steak ever day.....but our teeth structure is proof of diet variety.

My wife is not vegan. Just anti-beef for some reason. She says it is not as healthy as pork and chicken. So, we eat a lot of pork and chicken. Works for me. She frowns at my processed lunch meat that I love but it sure makes it so easy for her to make me a sandwich for lunch. And she doesn't turn down a panini. Who could? Thise things are so good even vegans probably eat them secretly.

No liver for me. Mom made it once. None of us kids touched it. Never had it since.

Interesting fact about why one can eat beef rare but not pork despite them having the same bacteria that can make one sick. With beef, the bacteria go mostly on the outside of the cut but with pork it stays toward the middle. Hence, the need to cook pork longer than beef. Saw a Japanese researcher on tv talk about this.

ShortRound

Reaction score
We have quite a few people still over, we’re waiting for fireworks across the street from us.

Burgers, veggie burgers, steak, pork ribs, steak kabobs, corn on the cob, potatoe salad. Tons of beers.

hope y’all are having a good night with your loved ones. Go Cowboys and God bless America!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife is not vegan. Just anti-beef for some reason. She says it is not as healthy as pork and chicken. So, we eat a lot of pork and chicken. Works for me. She frowns at my processed lunch meat that I love but it sure makes it so easy for her to make me a sandwich for lunch. And she doesn't turn down a panini. Who could? Thise things are so good even vegans probably eat them secretly.

No liver for me. Mom made it once. None of us kids touched it. Never had it since.

Interesting fact about why one can eat beef rare but not pork despite them having the same bacteria that can make one sick. With beef, the bacteria go mostly on the outside of the cut but with pork it stays toward the middle. Hence, the need to cook pork longer than beef. Saw a Japanese researcher on tv talk about this.
Cool. Processed lunch meat BAD! I mean in a pinch....ham sandwich just do it! Throw a piece of cheese and some mustard on it and chow! But everything in moderation. Lunchmeat...VERY "moderated"...lol. Better to cook real animals and slice it for sandwiches.

Your mom's liver? Good lord...like a piece of concrete! A properly prepared slice of liver.....dude....spectacular. And very good for you!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cool. Processed lunch meat BAD! I mean in a pinch....ham sandwich just do it! Throw a piece of cheese and some mustard on it and chow! But everything in moderation. Lunchmeat...VERY "moderated"...lol. Better to cook real animals and slice it for sandwiches.

Your mom's liver? Good lord...like a piece of concrete! A properly prepared slice of liver.....dude....spectacular. And very good for you!

I am not giving up my processed lunch meat. :) Just one of those things. I do like my sandwiches. In moderation, of course.
My wife ate liver in Japan and loves it. Not once in 18 years of marriage, did she ever make it or suggest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.