Twitter: June 1st - Cap space

raven55

Reaction score
why pay for a season that's gonna be a up hill battle to even win the nfc east. wait roll over the money to 2023 and draft for another miserable season, I wish that all the season's since JIMMY JOHNSON left that, jerry's found the next coach like many people have put out no matter what he has never and i mean never will he say that his approach is wrong. Just get used to being like detroit and the lower tier teams. because that is were you are. Wish it wasn't but that is the reality. And the sooner you realize that your mental out look will be right

conner01

Reaction score
IMHO it’s “rollover money”, to help with Dak’s contract, but…

if a decent LT, C, or WR vet becomes available for a year or two…
Of what’s out there I don’t there is much risk of them spending very much
If a guy is willing to take a cheap deal they may play
But right now I think they want to see what they have and who else might get cut that could help
Some guys will get cut because a rookie making less will push them off the roster
A swing tackle is one spot I’d like to see but the landscape for those FA still out there changes if a team has an injury at their position during camp but the rest are gonna lower their asking price at some point just to get in a roster

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stevie is doing titty twisters as we speak just thinking about cap Money...
giphy.gif

Maxmadden

Reaction score
why pay for a season that's gonna be a up hill battle to even win the nfc east. wait roll over the money to 2023 and draft for another miserable season, I wish that all the season's since JIMMY JOHNSON left that, jerry's found the next coach like many people have put out no matter what he has never and i mean never will he say that his approach is wrong. Just get used to being like detroit and the lower tier teams. because that is were you are. Wish it wasn't but that is the reality. And the sooner you realize that your mental out look will be right
When was the last time Detroit won 12 games?

plymkr

Reaction score
23 million in cap space, but according to Stephen the cap is a real thing.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Bobby Lane and Alex Karas?
I think I wasted my point on a troll.

Everybody wants us to blow our wad on the first date. It's a long season and if I am going to battle I want to have some reserve ammo going down the stretch.

Flamma

Reaction score
Some yes, but they will roll it into the two voidable years and it'll avg about 25 million per year. Of course that's 2 years at 25 when he is no longer on the books, unless they extend him.

That's what they've been doing. But next year they don't have to roll any of it into the voidable years. They can absorb his entire cap hit and have money left over for their usual free agents and draft class.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Remember when Stephen Jones said they were done yet at the draft?

Starting to think he might be full of it.

:laugh: