Twitter: June 1st - Cap space

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think I wasted my point on a troll.

Everybody wants us to blow our wad on the first date. It's a long season and if I am going to battle I want to have some reserve ammo going down the stretch.
Bobby Lane was with the Lions in the 50's.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Today is June 1st which means the Cowboys officially have $23,347,764 in cap space due to the release of La'el Collins.

Free agent signing coming soon?

Too bad Akiem Hicks went to Tampa

ESisback

Reaction score
Of what’s out there I don’t there is much risk of them spending very much
If a guy is willing to take a cheap deal they may play
But right now I think they want to see what they have and who else might get cut that could help
Some guys will get cut because a rookie making less will push them off the roster
A swing tackle is one spot I’d like to see but the landscape for those FA still out there changes if a team has an injury at their position during camp but the rest are gonna lower their asking price at some point just to get in a roster
Oh sure, I just think if they can get a vet with some tread for a couple mill at a position of need.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today is June 1st which means the Cowboys officially have $23,347,764 in cap space due to the release of La'el Collins.

They already had over 10M in cap space to sign free agents.

How does having more space help?

They've not going to sign a free agent that is over 10M cap charge in 2022.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Soon? No…..wait until vets with experience start being cut in training camp and preseason. By then we will also know what we actually have ready this year and what we need to start the season. OT, OG, WR, etc.

J12B

Reaction score
They already had over 10M in cap space to sign free agents.

How does having more space help?

They've not going to sign a free agent that is over 10M cap charge in 2022.

Do not respond to my posts or comments anymore.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The responses in this thread have the Jerry apologist society upset.

conner01

Reaction score
Oh sure, I just think if they can get a vet with some tread for a couple mill at a position of need.
I’d love a swing tackle
Just really worried about moving smith in and out as a rookie and none of the other tackles have taken an nfl snap. But I’m guessing they wait till they see what ball, Wally and smith can do. I’d just rather smith learned guard this year then work him in tackle next camp but that doesn’t appear to be the plan

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not soon, but we will have the money if we need it, so any signings will depend on how we look in camp IMO. Mostly, we'll push the money forward to handle extensions next year.